Why become a member? ×

Anyone near Aberdeen(ish) with a Schecter Stiletto Elite 4?

Bassmekanik

Hi.

My search continues for another bass. Tried some Overwaters, very nice, but i have a hankering for a Schecter and until i try one out I cant decide.

I think i would like a Schecter but there being no where close to me with any around that i can try (without having to buy it unplayed...) i cant justify shelling out before at least trying one out.

So, are there any kind souls near to Aberdeen with one of these that would be willing to meet up so i can have a shot?

Obviously i`m willing to travel a reasonable amount as required.

I`ll bring my Ric so you can have a shot of that if it interests you.

Thanks.

[quote name='Bassmekanik' timestamp='1330433222' post='1557318']
Hi.

My search continues for another bass. Tried some Overwaters, very nice, but i have a hankering for a Schecter and until i try one out I cant decide.

I think i would like a Schecter but there being no where close to me with any around that i can try (without having to buy it unplayed...) i cant justify shelling out before at least trying one out.

So, are there any kind souls near to Aberdeen with one of these that would be willing to meet up so i can have a shot?

Obviously i`m willing to travel a reasonable amount as required.

I`ll bring my Ric so you can have a shot of that if it interests you.

Thanks.
[/quote]

I think one of my mates might have... Will ask him.

Hello,

Funnily enough I bought one of these about 4 weeks ago - I bought it (on impulse) as I was actually looking at a Sadowsky, Lakland (I currently have a Korean Skyline) or Musicman. I am not sure what made me pick the Schecter up but there was no going back.

My first bass (which I gigged with for 15 years or so) was a 1980's Bass Collection and the Schecter reminded me a LOT of that bass.

I am a jazz-funk-soul type player and this bass lets me get a very modern sound - kinda Stuart Zender-ish. I play it through a TC Staccatto 51 Head and two TC RS112 cabs. Its has a very low action (which I haven't adjusted) and is a dream for slap work.

I'm not sure what the natural style for Schecters is (rock/hm - would love to know?) but I love the sounds I get from this baby. I must admit I'm not 100% keen on the looks - its a transparent black "quilted" with a natural wood through neck.

I am based in London so sorry that I can't help with a meetup!

Cheers
Sujay

[quote name='Bassmekanik' timestamp='1330542110' post='1559181']
I do quite like the look of that. Not sure what i would do with that extra string though :)

Eyes are still peeled.
[/quote]

They make brilliant thumb rests :P

Also my mate did have one, he's since sold it :( Sorry!

[quote name='woodyratm' timestamp='1330616419' post='1560463']
They make brilliant thumb rests :P

Also my mate did have one, he's since sold it :( Sorry!
[/quote]

Ach, bummer. Cheers for asking anyways.

A kindly chap from MV "mgiht" know someone with one. Heres hoping.

@Bambus: its the see-thru black that i would be after, sounds like you bought that exact one.

Edit: Out of interest, whats it like for playing chord type things on? Any good? Doesnt sound like your play style however...

Edited by Bassmekanik

[quote name='Bassmekanik' timestamp='1330542110' post='1559181']
I do quite like the look of that. Not sure what i would do with that extra string though :)

Eyes are still peeled.
[/quote]

I'm not really a five string player to be honest, I did use it as a thumb rest 99.9% of the time.
The string spacing on the four string model is a bit more generous too, which is handy when you play fingerstyle.

Hi there, or fit like min as they say in Aberdeen,

I have a mint Schecter stilletto custom 4 that i might be selling as i may have a bongo 4 bought shortly, and i am in Arbroath if that helps. Only trouble is, I'm offshore at the moment but supposed to be home on Monday. I really like the bass, but always wanted a bongo 4.
Welcome to come down and try it out.

[quote name='fatwull' timestamp='1330682422' post='1561370']
... Only trouble is, I'm offshore at the moment but supposed to be home on Monday...
[/quote]

Nae chunce if i fug bides like 'is. Ye cannae see i back o yer hun in Dyce th'day like. :D

The OP is a "north sea tiger" too btw. ;)

[quote name='Ou7shined' timestamp='1330688684' post='1561546']
Hehe. :D

Currently working on something very purple this very minute. ;)
[/quote]

There's a joke in here somewhere :rolleyes:

The thing you're working on - does it have a purple head(stock)?

Maybe not so close to Aberdeen but saw this on Gumtree (Edinburgh) - seller seems keen as it's been advertised regularly & been reduced from £350
[url="http://www.gumtree.co.uk/p/for-sale/schecter-bass-guitar-natural-finish/97481737"]http://www.gumtree.co.uk/p/for-sale/schecter-bass-guitar-natural-finish/97481737[/url]

[quote name='Donnyboy' timestamp='1330692968' post='1561689']
Maybe not so close to Aberdeen but saw this on Gumtree (Edinburgh) - seller seems keen as it's been advertised regularly & been reduced from £350
[url="http://www.gumtree.co.uk/p/for-sale/schecter-bass-guitar-natural-finish/97481737"]http://www.gumtree.c...finish/97481737[/url]
[/quote]

I just dont suit a natural wood finished bass.