Why become a member? ×

Help identifying this bass? Gould solid wood active

Grace250

Hey guys,

I've been a drummer for 11 years ago, and 3 years ago I decided to try and play bass, so I bought a bass from a friend. Sadly I don't seem to have got anywhere with playing bass - I guess I'm just a typical drummer with no musical ability :P

I made the decision to sell the bass, as it's just sat in a corner at my house and it really is a lovely bass so it seems such a waste when somebody could be enjoying playing it.

However, I've spent hours and hours over the last few weeks trying to find ANY information about this bass guitar and I just can't seem to find anything! -I've googled everything I could think of to try and find this bass, checked eBay and completed listings, checked music shops and review websites, but I'm yet to find any info about the bass.

So I thought it might be worth an ask here as the members seem to know their stuff, it would be absolutely fantastic if anybody could tell me anything at all about the bass, or if anybody knows of anywhere that might be worth looking at to find any info.

All I know at the minute is that it's a Gould active bass guitar, made in China (and that's only because it says so on the bass!) It also appears to be solid wood.

Any help/pointers would be greatly appreciated (even down to how much this type of bass should be worth really, as I have no idea!) :)
Thanks
[attachment=101575:SDC15878.JPG] [attachment=101576:SDC15879.JPG] [attachment=101581:SDC15882.JPG]

[attachment=101582:SDC15885.JPG] [attachment=101583:SDC15887.JPG] [attachment=101584:SDC15888.JPG]

Edited by Grace250

• 4 years later...

[quote name='Quaverrest' timestamp='1461958711' post='3039207']
Thanks :) it's an elusive beast! Maybe I should take that as a sign they were pretty unpopular :P
[/quote]
That doesn't make them bad :)

Not automatically, anyhow.