Why become a member? ×

Morning all

Chop

:) Hi All

Well, I lasted 2 weeks on Bassworld and about a month on Basstalk before the rugs were pulled...any mention of a Jonah effect will not be appreciated...

Anyway, hi to all again, lets hope we're here to stay. I've been really impressed with how this group of wandering individuals appears to stick together as a pack [i]whatever[/i] you want to call us, and stays friendly and helpful. I hope I can contribute something over the months to come.

Background: Was playing for about 12 years up to age of 30, covers bands and original pop / rock stuff around London. No prog, no metal, I like a tune. Then got married moved, had kids sold gear (shock horror ! ) and not played for 12 years (no idea how that happened, really missed it). Now getting back into it and looking for an early 70's Jazz - much like everyone else seems to be.
Used to have a Jazz and an Aria Pro 2 through 8 x 10 Trace Elliot gear, Fender Bassman amp. Totally impractical now ! So I'll be bashing the bass for sale forums, cash waiting.

Always been a pick player (so is Chris Squire, he says defensively) and intend to learn to use my fingers this time round.

Anyway, thats the heads up, hope to speak to you all soon

Best
Chop