Why become a member? ×

DIY Double Strap? (aka D.Erskine strap)

Faithless

Hey guys,

For those who don't know what I'm talking about:
http://www.gruvgear.com/duostrap-signature

I've got one of those Comfort Strapp's, but as I'm used to play for hours, and it's just killing my shoulder - I've been looking at those double-straps that Damian Erskine 'invented' - they've been introduced at NAMM '12 via GruvGear, but I'm not really keen to pay nearly 200 bucks for a strap - well on paper they go for 150 dollars but let's not forget shipping and [import taxes?] from USA.....

Has anyone tried to 'make' a DIY DuoStrap?
I'm playing a singlecut bass, which makes it even more problematic, as I need a 'tension' strap to connect the two straps...
I'm not much of a tech, but maybe I'd try to make something out of two Comfort Strapps, but I'm looking for some insight first :)

thanks
Laimis

Ok, so here's a good pic, including a tension strap that connects the two straps - any idea if this would be hard to make yourself? - I assume, two Comfort Strapps would work, but what to take for the Tension strap (the connector strap, in other words), as it's really short?

http://www.gruvgear.com/images/gallery-duostrap5.jpg

easy
L

The most complex part, as I assume, is how to make both straps adjustable.
I wish someone had bought this, so I could snap the approx measurments or maybe even closer photos of the strap connection points, and how the adjustment system works.

I searched talkbass for that, but there's little info, not to mention the DIY option.

easy
L

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...