Why become a member? ×

Cooperstand ....................Guitar Stands..............

Chris Horton

I saw these new Bass Guitar stands featured in Bass Guitar magazine and thought that they look quite tasty :)

Cooperstand in America - [url="http://www.cooperstand.com/buypro-g.html"]http://www.coopersta...m/buypro-g.html[/url]

Here is a link to a UK seller - [url="http://www.soundsliveshop.com/manufacturer/Cooperstand"]http://www.soundsliv...rer/Cooperstand[/url]

Edited by Chris Horton

A bass player in a band that was supporting us recently had one of these, it scared the bejezus out of me watching him put a lovely looking 6 string handmade bass on that little thing. he smiled at my open mouth and said, "it's amazing isn't it but it won't fall over unless I kick it"
I said "I'll take your word for it"
I still don't trust my Quicklock.

I got one and I think they are pretty cool, and look good in the lounge, but I do think it works better on my acoustic guitars and 6 stringers rather a bass.

Because of the shape on my jazz bass's body it doesn't sit quite right and think the neck gripping hercules type stands do a better job.

I much perfer it for my acoustic for which it is hard to beat and have noticed Taylor now sell these but the rotorsound website is cheaper

[quote name='Scuba_Demon' timestamp='1332335795' post='1586810']
I got one and I think they are pretty cool, and look good in the lounge, but I do think it works better on my acoustic guitars and 6 stringers rather a bass.

Because of the shape on my jazz bass's body it doesn't sit quite right and think the neck gripping hercules type stands do a better job.

I much perfer it for my acoustic for which it is hard to beat and have noticed Taylor now sell these but the rotorsound website is cheaper
[/quote]

I was thinking about getting a cooperstand to sit in my lounge with a bass as i thought they look tasty.
My gigging stand ia a Hercules

Got mine on Fri. Tried it, quite impressed. Whilst not as good as a traditional stand, it`s a lot better than leaning the bass against the amp, plus, fits in my leads/pedals/everything case.

Think the way to use these is position it right in front of the amp. That way it`s unlikely anyone will walk into it. The stand itself holds the bass quite well, but of course a knock head-on and the weight of the bass will topple it all over. In front of the amp, if knocked head-on, the amp will take some of the impact, and the bass is unlikely to be badly damaged.

• 3 years later...

Attempting to revive this thread, it shall rise from the grave! I have a hanger-style hercules stand and love it, but because it doesn't fold it can be a bit awkward to move about and carry with my other gear. I've been looking at smaller stands, and I like the look of this cooperstand. Fold away very small and Drew fromGBBL says it's pretty sturdy. I'm also interested in the Hercules GS420B, anybody have experience of either/both of these stands? I want something that I can trust will stay upright, and if I'd have to place the cooperstand in front of my amp maybe I should just get an ultimate support gs 100 - like my current hercules stand but folds better. What do you think?

• 2 months later...

I have the dual cooperstand and its perfectly sturdy for my MM basses, looks great and folds away tidely into its velveteen bag! that said I play with a folk/bluegrass band so the gigs are very civilised, and there's no chance of anyone being on the stage (that shouldn't be there) to knock the basses over, I'd say wouldn't be too safe in a pub gig environment tho...