Why become a member? ×

FS: Tascam MP-BT1 bass trainer

Had this for a while now but is in perfect condition, check the photos it still has the plastic cover on the screen!

Comes with original box etc but I can't remember if it ships with power and USB cables, if so then I will dig around the house until I find them.

Brand new these are £143 (best price I can see online) so would be happy to get £80 for this little beauty.

Edited by Gunsfreddy2003

I have one of these and it's the most useful thing I own other than basses and amplification. Don't worry too much about the USB cable, it takes a standard mini USB. Power adapter was an extra, not standard issue.

I just grabbed this off the web for you below but in essence you can import mp3 files and do whatever you want to them to either play along or learn tricky passages. The multi fx in it are pretty good sounding as well. It is a really handy tool, I am only selling as I desperately need some cash!

TASCAM's MP-BT1 is the first MP3 player designed for musicians. Based on the award-winning CD-BT1mkII, this fun mobile bass trainer includes enough memory to store up to 240 songs. Bass parts can be slowed down, looped and even eliminated to help you to learn new riffs. Play back MP3s using Variable Speed Audition, which slows down the speed without changing the pitch, and sections can be seamlessly looped while practicing tricky passages. Songs can even be pitched up or down to match the tuning of your bass, so you don't have to re- tune for every song. The bass input lets you to rock along with multi-effects, including a bass canceller so you can play along with your favorite bands. A tuner, metronome, and built-in rechargeable battery are also built- in. All of this is packed into an MP3 player smaller than a stomp box, so stuff it in your backpack, gig bag or back pocket and hit the road. The MP-BT1 uses a high-speed USB connection to load up MP3s and charge the built-in battery

[quote name='tom1946' timestamp='1332826726' post='1593554']
What do these things do exactly? I know it's a bass trainer but how does it work?

Cheers.
[/quote]

Thanks for the update. I really could not remember how they ship!!

[quote name='neepheid' timestamp='1332802735' post='1593486']
I have one of these and it's the most useful thing I own other than basses and amplification. Don't worry too much about the USB cable, it takes a standard mini USB. Power adapter was an extra, not standard issue.
[/quote]