Why become a member? ×

SOLD ***FS: Fender Victor Bailey Signature Acoustic 5 String Bass - NEW LOW PRICE £390

op76

NOW WITH ACTUAL PICTURES BELOW - this bass is in excellent condition and comes with original gig bag. Well reviewed bass, unfortunately I bought on a whim and don't really get on with 5 strings. Details from internet below, I'm looking for [s]£450 [b]£420 [/b][/s][b]£390 [/b]collection only from South East London. These were £800+ when new and sound/plays great.

[center][attachment=105637:IMG_5683.JPG][attachment=105638:IMG_5686.JPG][/center]

The [b]Fender Victor Bailey Signature Acoustic Bass V[/b] features a beautifully arched back, figured dao back and sides, a laminated spruce top with a gorgeous dao veneer, an abalone rosette, tortoise-shell binding, a 34”-scale neck modeled on Bailey’s signature Fender Jazz Bass guitar, satin gold Hipshot licensed lightweight tuners, Fishman electronics and a deluxe gig bag - all in all, a truly stunning instrument.
Victor Bailey — first-call session guy. Solo artist. Consummate sideman. And acoustic bassist extraordinaire. Veteran of more than 1,000 recordings by artists including Weather Report, Michael Brecker, LL Cool J and Mary J. Blige.
And when Fender started working on the Victor Bailey signature five-string acoustic bass, the man himself graciously spent a great deal of time and effort on it.
[b]Fender Victor Bailey Signature Acoustic Bass V features:[/b][list]
[*]Body Style: Thinline, Single Cutaway Acoustic/Electric Bass
[*]Finish: Gloss (Polyurethane)
[*]Top: Laminated Spruce with Dao Top Veneer
[*]Bracing: X Bracing
[*]Back and Sides: Arched Back of Laminated Dao
[*]Neck: Mahogany
[*]Fingerboard: Rosewood, 15.5" Radius (400 mm)
[*]No. of Frets: 22
[*]Bridge: Rosewood with Compensated Saddle
[*]Machine Heads: Hipshot Licensed Gold, (Die-Cast)
[*]Electronics: Fishman Presys Plus Pickup System
[*]Active On-Board Pre-Amp: Volume, Integrated Electronic Tuner with On/Off Switch, Bass, Mid, Treble, Notch, Brilliance, Phase, Low Battery Indicator Light
[*]Scale Length: 34? (864 mm)
[*]Body Depth: 3.5"
[*]Width at Nut: 1.875"
[*]Width at Heel: 2.875"
[*]Victor Bailey Graphic on Headstock
[*]Abalone Dot Position Inlays
[*]Abalone Rosette
[*]5-Pin Bridge with Solid Rosewood Bridge Pins
[*]Double Bound (White/Tortoise Shell) Fingerboard
[*]Matching Dao Headstock Overlay
[*]3-Over 2-Under Tuning Machine Array
[*]Inlaid Mother of Pearl Fender Logo
[*]Tortoise Shell Body Binding
[*]Strings: Phosphor Bronze 5-String Acoustic Bass, Gauges .045, .055, .075, .095, .120
[*]Accessories: Deluxe Gig Bag
[/list]

Edited by op76

I have always thought these were [i]the[/i] acoustic bass guitar outside of custom made stuff. Stanley Clarke used one on his 'The Toys of Men' album and it sounded fantastic. The best sounding ABG I've heard, along with Jonas Hellborg's Wechter, of course.

Some real user reviews:

[url="http://www.musiciansfriend.com/bass/fender-victor-bailey-signature-acoustic-electric-bass?content=reviews"]http://www.musiciansfriend.com/bass/fender-victor-bailey-signature-acoustic-electric-bass?content=reviews[/url]

Not plugged in and obviously the camcorder doesn't pick up the deeper bass but a bit of fun:

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lQgvbblpGk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lQgvbblpGk[/url]

Just a quick point - this bass has an under saddle pickup (main) and a piezo, the latter with a separate volume control so you can have little or as much "body" sound mixed with the main pickup. I guess the piezo makes it sound more acoustic, whilst the saddle pickup on its own provides a more controlled sound.

Great bass - a lot of people think it's the best that is/was available for under a grand new and you have to spend decent money to get better.

My only real reason for selling is that I am not a well practiced player and should really be sticking to 4 strings for the time being.

Anyone interested?

Hello op76,
Beautiful instrument !
I am interested. I look for an 5 acoustic not too expensive.
I am in Marseille, France. Would you kindly accept to send it ?

Edited by Emanew

[quote name='dronnba' timestamp='1335266209' post='1628207']
Beautiful bass! I would grab this one immediately, BUT, I am in Finland :( and I'm not planning a trip to London anytime soon.
[/quote]

I tend to travel from London to Finland quite often (Finnish gf), I wouldn't mind acting as personal courier if you were looking to buy it.

[quote name='op76' timestamp='1335889957' post='1637636']
Sorry, looking for collection only.
[/quote]

I am trying to find a friend in London who could receive your Bass.
Do you go in London ?

Edited by Emanew