Why become a member? ×

** please delete**Alembic Orion with special options! (No longer for sale)

SpinalTap

[b]Updated 9 november: No longer for sale! [/b]
[b]Alot of on holds, and interest, but it seems it just doesn't sell. So I decided I will keep it for a while.[/b]

I recently bought this in a nostalgic mood, because I used an Alembic Orion 5 when I started playing (semi) pro more than ten years ago. These are amazing basses, very versatile. play very fast, and looks are amazing.
Since then I moved on to Fender type basses, but couldn't pass this one up when I saw if for sale for a good price a few weeks ago.

This is a very special Orion with the crown headstock, purpleheart neck laminates, oval inlays. Previous owner bought some brass plates for the battery and trussrod. Looks really nice. Original plastic plates (like in the pictures from the link are included.)

This is a later build Orion (from 2005), so with purpleheart bodylaminates and the much nicer high gloss finish (instead of what they used in the nineties and early 2000's on the Orion, Excel, and Epic models). This bass is in very good shape, with just some small dents. Comes in a nice case.

Here is a link to the Alembic forum, where a previous owner made some amazing photo's of this bass:
[url="http://alembic.com/club/messages/411/39098.html?1196369949"]http://alembic.com/c...html?1196369949[/url]

Don't ask me how, but from one of the tuners, the plated cap with the 'A' on it seems missing. As you can see how it should look this picture:

Nothing wrong with the mechanism, and will ask Alembic if I can buy a new cap for it.
But in the meantime will lower the price in such a way it will pay for an brand new tuner and some more (although, it is offcourse an Alembic tuner!)

• 2 weeks later...

A few people interested in this bass, but they all need to sell some gear first.

Because I want to buy something else, that is currently for sale, I will put my pre-EB Stingray fretless for sale. and see what sells first.
Stay tuned!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...