Why become a member? ×

My new PA system. QSC K series. (WOW)

police squad

Firstly, I couldn't find a section on the site to post this wonderful information.

I've recently been playing bass for my friends Sean & Mandy. They are the parents of the young drummer lad, who was on Britains got talent a few years ago, (His name is Kieran Gaffney). ( he is unbelievably good. Great technique and he actually listens to the bass player).

Now, Sean & Mandy (Mandy was totally ripped to shreds by Simon Cowell, which is a bit unfair really) are pros. That is to say, they make a living from their playing.

So, they bought this PA system, made by QSC. Each cab is 1000 watts each and is full of DSP trickery, They use the K12 tops and the Ksub bass units. I was so impressed with the power and the portability that I also invest the necessary £3K to buy the same rig.

So, last night I decided to do a full band mic up. DI the bass guitar and Good grief!!!!

Everyone I spoke to commented on the unbelievable quality of sound. They could hear the vocals perfectly and moreover, the effects of the voices became totally crystal clear.

I used this rig in my Police tribute band a couple of weeks ago and it got the same comments, especially from the people that come to see us a lot.

If anyone is looking for a new sound system, you really need to check this stuff out.

• 1 month later...

How heavy are the bins, Martin..?

I guess I need to see and hear it. We currently run Martin cabs which are fantastic but want something lighter and modular.
I think the spec says lot of power for the money.
We are at the George..as are you soon..?