Why become a member? ×

Polytone MiniBrute 1 and Underwood p/u * BOTH SOLD*

Clarky

Hi, just realised I should have posted this in the Double bass/EUB section. I have a ten year-old MiniBrute (metal grill, 12 inch speaker) in mint condition (never left the house) which cost £480 at the old Bass Centre in Wapping (I still have the receipt). Never use it and its just gathering dust. When I bought it, it was the premier double bass amplifier although obviously things have moved on in the amp world since then.

Anyone know what its worth and does anyone want to buy it off me! I am in London, near Hammersmith. Could offer it as a package with a similarly dust-gathering and never gigged Underwood double bass pick-up (cost >£100) ...

Cheers Clarky

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='Clarky' post='178845' date='Apr 17 2008, 02:03 PM']Hi, just realised I should have posted this in the Double bass/EUB section. I have a ten year-old MiniBrute (metal grill, 12 inch speaker) in mint condition (never left the house) which cost £480 at the old Bass Centre in Wapping (I still have the receipt). Never use it and its just gathering dust. When I bought it, it was the premier double bass amplifier although obviously things have moved on in the amp world since then.

Anyone know what its worth and does anyone want to buy it off me! I am in London, near Hammersmith. Could offer it as a package with a similarly dust-gathering and never gigged Underwood double bass pick-up (cost >£100) ...

Cheers Clarky[/quote]

How much do you want for the pick up?

cheers
Keith

Some photos (not great but its dark in my study/musicroom). Checked receipts - amp bought for £480 from Bass Centre in June 1998. Underwood pickup bought from Chas E Footes the same month for £135. Silver sticky paper label around "barrel" of Underwood (into which lead plugs) peeled off so its now white but this purely cosmetic.

[attachment=7844:IMG_0100.JPG][attachment=7843:IMG_0099.JPG][attachment=7853:IMG_0103.JPG][attachmen
t=7854:IMG_0105.JPG]

Edited by Clarky