Why become a member? ×

Madarozzo gig bags?

Gust0o

Chaps, after asking your advice on this topic previously, I never bottomed out my quest for a new gig bag - mainly as, no sooner had I asked, than I picked up a new semi-rigid (ooh er matron) case in a trade, which has sufficed valiantly to-date.

Being the kind of person who suffers from the suspicion that things [i]are working out a little too perfectly [/i]- I'm looking to pick up a double gig bag, to allow me a spare for those hot-swap occasions where five mins to change a broken string is five mins too long.

Was considering the following - given the prices of the Mono and iGig offers, being a bit steep for my pockets:

[url="http://www.soundunlimited.co.uk/product_3142_Madarozzo_Double_Electric_Bass_Guitar_Gig_Bag_MA-G0050-DEB/BK.html"]http://www.soundunlimited.co.uk/product_3142_Madarozzo_Double_Electric_Bass_Guitar_Gig_Bag_MA-G0050-DEB/BK.html[/url]

I've not found any poor reviews. I would have preferred some more insight into the specific bag, but I gather this is a 2009 case and the Madarozzo range has been refreshed.

Anyone have any strong opinions or experience? Price looks keen, but am I missing something?

Ok, as in... Fender Deluxe, ok? Ritter, ok? I'm not expecting it to beat the likes of iGig and Mono.

I quite like the Mono 80, but am unsure if it's 3 times the protection to warrant the 3 times the price.

Edited by Gust0o

I have a Madorozzo for my Status Streamline - it was supplied with the bass. I'd concur on 'OK' at the price - attention to detail could be improved, and the level of protection is certainly not what you'd expect from iGiG, Mono, ProTec etc. Mine is not a 'high-end' product and lacks some bells and whistles - some more important than others. If you're looking for cheap and cheerful with moderate protection, then fine. If you're looking for something that can travel in a van and may be handled by others, I'd say look elsewhere. I'd use my bag in a car if I was carrying the bass myself - even then, I'd be careful.

I bought a Madarozzo gig back for the Prosebass headless, on the strength of seeing the one that Happy Jack's Status came in. I thought it was good value for money. Like any gig bag, you wouldn't chuck it into the back of a van and expect it to survive, but the padding and protection was pretty good.

There has been some criticism of the zips, but mine never gave any trouble during the time I owned it.

Status supplied me with a Madarozzo bag for my streamline and the seams split after about six months. When I went back to Status for a replacement bag I was told they are now supplying Ritter bags due to quality problems with the old Madarozzo bags. The Ritter bag shows no sign of wear so would recommend.

Another thumbs-up for the Ritter. I've had a double gig-bag for about 3 years. I've regularly carried 2 basses in it plus cables, DI-box, Boss Tu-2 etc. and it's shown hardly any wear. Apart from one tag on the end of a zip-pull. But they always seem to come off don't they?

I have Madarozzo bags for both my streamlines.. the first one lasted less than a year before just splitting all along the bottom. I did actually like the design. It kept the volume (cm3) of bass and bag really low but the stitching wasn't great.

Status listened and now have 'Status' branded gig bags...keep meaning to order two as they looked great when I saw them at the Bass Show.

Drew

[quote name='Gust0o' timestamp='1337337882' post='1658335']
Ordered the Mono, having berated myself for being a stingy old bugger.

I'll post a review when it arrives. It does look a superb product. Went for the M80 in Black.
[/quote]I have a twin Mono bag - thoat sounds stupid but you know what I mean. Got it a while back to make transporting the L2500's easier (than the two hard cases). Got to say I'm really pleased with it, and I now tend to mix & match which two basses I want at the gig.

[quote name='WalMan' timestamp='1337343666' post='1658478']
I have a twin Mono bag - thoat sounds stupid but you know what I mean. Got it a while back to make transporting the L2500's easier (than the two hard cases). Got to say I'm really pleased with it, and I now tend to mix & match which two basses I want at the gig.
[/quote]

I've now joined you in being the chuffed owner of a dual Mono gig bag - the M80! The quality is absolutely superb, throughout the entire product. It's not over-big, and yet feels like it has protection and storage to spare.

I feel like a wally now for contemplating something else. Brilliant product :)

And two basses... why I thought this was indulgent, I'll never know. At the very least I'll never be caught out like a twat if I have an issue playing live, and at the most I'll have some options if I want different instruments to mix things up.

Recommended :)

[quote name='Gust0o' timestamp='1337975822' post='1668374']
I've now joined you in being the chuffed owner of a dual Mono gig bag - the M80! The quality is absolutely superb, throughout the entire product. It's not over-big, and yet feels like it has protection and storage to spare.

I feel like a wally now for contemplating something else. Brilliant product :)

And two basses... why I thought this was indulgent, I'll never know. At the very least I'll never be caught out like a twat if I have an issue playing live, and at the most I'll have some options if I want different instruments to mix things up.

Recommended :)
[/quote]

Awesome news, they really are great bags.