Why become a member? ×

Animato - Anyone know if this is legit?

Tobiasthegiant

Was surfing through the interwebs and saw this http://www.humangear.net/productdetails-en/category/human-gear-effects/article/human-gear-animato.html

Now I thought that the animato was a Japanese pedal, but this is based in germany. Did they start to reissue them? Is this page real?

Cheers guys!

Yeah - I've seen this discussed before. He buys them and sells them on and is allowed to use the name if I recall correctly. The Japanese stores won't ship internationally so he buys the stuff in person and then sells them on.

If you google 'Human Gear Effects Germany' or similar you'll likely find discussion over it. Should be perfectly legit.

Shep

[quote name='Protium' timestamp='1337098703' post='1655446']
Five 'undred euro?! You won't see penny one from me you slag!

Buy one, clone 10 and make your money back? :yarr:
[/quote]

Ever looked inside one...? Makes it not so easy!

Edited by simwells

Can't find a schematic for these anywhere but there is a German chap selling clones: [url="http://www.ebay.de/itm/DISTORSORE-VALVOLARE-PER-BASSO-TIPO-ANIMATO-HUMAN-GEAR-DISTORTION-/221020462981?pt=Accessori_per_Chitarra_e_Basso&hash=item3375d89f85#ht_2021wt_1139"]http://www.ebay.de/itm/DISTORSORE-VALVOLARE-PER-BASSO-TIPO-ANIMATO-HUMAN-GEAR-DISTORTION-/221020462981?pt=Accessori_per_Chitarra_e_Basso&hash=item3375d89f85#ht_2021wt_1139[/url]

[quote name='Protium' timestamp='1337098703' post='1655446']
Five 'undred euro?! You won't see penny one from me you slag!

Buy one, clone 10 and make your money back? :yarr:
[/quote]

The odd thing is when you add it to the cart it increases by another 89 euro! :blink: Then I guess you'd have to add shipping, madness IMO!

I bought one of those clones recently - it's okay for the money (I paid around £46.00 including shipping IIRC).

[quote name='Wil' timestamp='1337105215' post='1655595']
I can't understand why anyone would pay so much for something that, judging from demo videos at least, seems to sound like a fart in a tin can.
[/quote]

I think on its own its not too good, but in conjunction with a clean mix it doesn't seem too bad

[quote name='Wil' timestamp='1337105215' post='1655595']
I can't understand why anyone would pay so much for something that, judging from demo videos at least, seems to sound like a fart in a tin can.
[/quote]

[size=4]Probably for 2 reasons why it's so expensive. 1, it's discontinued, and 2, it is used by Chris Wolstenholme.

Wouldn't see me pay that price for 1 effects pedal.[/size]

Edited by The Walloper

• 4 years later...