Why become a member? ×

Drumchat?! (split from Jazz drum kit on the way)

Kiwi

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1349473502' post='1826978']
Are you implying that it's definitely that reason? :P
[/quote]
Well, it's obviously difficult to be a drummer [i]and [/i]literate (even less [i]computer [/i]literate...), ain't it..? In the same way as it's difficult to find an open-minded bass player. Evident, really.
[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1349473502' post='1826978']
Well I only know a few drummers & there's not many of them that go online. Saying that, the one's that do go online are pretty darn good.
[/quote]
No, seriously; I think the difference is finding a decent, interesting UK/European drum site (I'm in France...). There are, indeed, a couple of credible forums, but 99.99% Yankee. Nothing too personal, but I sometimes have to hold my tongue with some of the remarks that come up. I'm not totally convinced by all aspects of the American Dream, and often feel that I'm alone in some debates. Our BC forays are much more my 'cup of tea', and would be what I would appreciate most in a forum.
[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1349473502' post='1826978']OK, I'll rephrase it. Maybe a lack of good drummers that can be bothered going on line.
[/quote]
I'm happier with this, although one doesn't necessarily have to be 'good' to an active member of a forum (or at least, I hope not, for my sake..!)
No malice intended, anyway; just gentle 'ribbing' on my part. Put that knife down; you'll hurt someone.

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1349524251' post='1827317'] Well, it's obviously difficult to be a drummer [i]and [/i]literate (even less [i]computer [/i]literate...), ain't it..? In the same way as it's difficult to find an open-minded bass player. Evident, really. No, seriously; I think the difference is finding a decent, interesting UK/European drum site (I'm in France...). There are, indeed, a couple of credible forums, but 99.99% Yankee. Nothing too personal, but I sometimes have to hold my tongue with some of the remarks that come up. I'm not totally convinced by all aspects of the American Dream, and often feel that I'm alone in some debates. Our BC forays are much more my 'cup of tea', and would be what I would appreciate most in a forum. I'm happier with this, although one doesn't necessarily have to be 'good' to an active member of a forum (or at least, I hope not, for my sake..!) No malice intended, anyway; just gentle 'ribbing' on my part. Put that knife down; you'll hurt someone. [/quote]

:)

I'm glad you got my humour.

I was in the local music shop a couple of weeks ago & I said I needed to pop to the drum shop (RWJ in Perth) & the response was "you'll find all the drummers in there, they have a sandpit & crayons".
Unfortunately, despite there being a dedicated drum shop, Perth doesn't seem to have many drummers. Just a load of guitarists (which stereotypically seem to be more like what we jest as a drummer to be :P ). :(

I think if Basschat & Drumchat linked to one another, that would be a benefit to anyone trying to start a band & can't find a drummer/bassist (most adverts I see in music shops say "Bassist & Drummer required..".

I've been tempted to get myself a drumkit & get back into playing drums.

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1349525136' post='1827331']
DrumChat already exists with 13,000 members!

Is that anything to do with this thread?
[/quote]

If you mean '.com', no it's not. I was in there for quite a while, but desisted in the end, for the reasons given above. A shame, really; there's some nice folks on there, but too 'PC' for me. I'm rooting for '.co.uk'. The real deal.

[quote name='xgsjx' timestamp='1349526325' post='1827345']...I've been tempted to get myself a drumkit & get back into playing drums.
[/quote]

Nah, you're too intellectual, methinks... :P