Why become a member? ×

Any ideas?

DrGonzo

Hey all,

I'm thinking about getting a synth pedal, but I have a slight problem - what I want it to do is quite particular in one instance, so I thought I'd ask you guys if you had any ideas...

The idea I have for this one part in one song (the main reason for buying one - although once I have one I can play about with it...) is for an octave below note to be played and held while I'm playnig another riff over the top... and ideally this note would fade out...

The backup plan for this would be to get a pedal that will store a pre-recorded effect from something like a Juno... but I think a pedal that can produce this sound would be more flexible!

Anyone got any ideas?

I'm thinking maybe a moog pedal would do something like that, but I'm not really sure...

As for the pre-recorded effect idea, I'm thinking a Zvex Lo-fi thingy would do it nicely...

Hmmm,
not sure this'll help, or is the pedal you're after but having recently tried a Boss SYB-5, I know that pedal has a hold function, whereby you play a note and then hold down the footswitch and it will sustain that note, whilst you continue to play over the top. Depends on whether you like the synth sounds in that pedal though. It does feature a couple of modes that have your note (synth sound format) and octave below that at the same time, but not just one octave below.
The hold function will give you a sustained synth note while what you play is un-synthed.
As I say, dependant on you liking the sounds in the first place though.
Andy