Why become a member? ×

String Winder?

sarah thomas

Sorry, I failed!

It's a dunlop "turbotune" and it has the option of either hand winding or attaching to a drill (so much easier!!)... but... They don't seem to be available in the uk!
I admit I did get my three from Golihur music a couple of years ago and had to swallow the postage cost from the states, but I thought they'd be available here by now.
As you can imagine, with all the string testing I do, I'm changing sets of strings a couple of times a week sometimes and I've found them well worth the money.

I was having the same train of thought yesterday.... two basses + three sets of strings to swap around = achy fingers.

I'm in the middle of putting together a Thomann order and thought about getting one of those plastic handle string winder jobbies. Then I recalled reading about the winder that you attach to an electric screwdriver but all I came up with was this:

http://www.thomann.de/gb/hanika_motor_stringwinder.htm

Which looks like it only caters for those silly little short scale six string piccolo basses, never mind full size bass guitars or proper basses.

Perhaps I'll just man up, take the pain and remeber the ache every time I think about trying a different type of string.