Why become a member? ×

Calling all Stagg EUBs

Maxcat

So the elusive Stagg has finally turned up. Linus was right. It is stunning in the transparent red.One problem that I have is that when Im digging in a wee bit to the e string it pops out of the bridge groove. When I say pops, it explodes. Does anyone else have that problem or am I being a touch industrial. Also will there be a problem if I just deepen the groove a little with a file? Thanx in advance for any advice

Thanx Linus. It is a lovely deep red. Already had two guys come up thinking it cost about a grand. Auditioning it in front of the rest of the band tonight for the first time and it might just get an airing at the jam we go to after rehearsal. Not all that accomplished yet but its pretty forgiving on the intonation front. I have no idea how high the action should be but am bashing away regardless at the hawsers like a good un. Did you or OG mess around with the set up at all or did you leave it as is?

[quote name='Linus27' post='188263' date='Apr 29 2008, 06:08 PM']Replied to you Maxcat. By the way, where is your jam??[/quote]
Tuesday night is in Upper Hale near farnham (Upper Hale Working mens Club) and we are hosting a night in The Lion Brewery in Ash on Thursday night. If your interested Ill get the full address to you. Didnt play the Stagg in the Jam, but the band stopped playing mid way through the beasts first song in rehearsal cos it sounded so good. Not me you understand, just the Stagg. Its going to do very well I think. Let me know if you want the full address. Kicks off at 9.

[quote name='Linus27' post='188624' date='Apr 30 2008, 08:36 AM']Hiya cool. Shame you never got to play her at the jam.

Don't worry about the address's, I know both venues very well. Might come down someday especially if your using the Stagg.[/quote]
Cool We are hosting tomorrow night and then every five weeks. Will suss out if its the right venue tomorrow night for the Stagg. Dont want to get all Jazzy on the blues boys. See you there sometime.

Don

[quote name='paul, the' post='189291' date='Apr 30 2008, 10:03 PM']I haven't got anything to say, just wanted to share Stagg love ('though I haven't got one yet) and glad to hear it was a quick fix.[/quote]
Stagg love is in the air.Everywhere I look around. :wub: I dont think youll regret getting one mate.Not that its the be all and end all of eubs, but its enough for me and one of the best value for money buys Ive made in a long time. I only hope Im up to the task.

Just in case you missed it, I've found my Hurcules GS414B neck grabber stand works for the Stagg on stage (as long as your guitarist doesn't walk into it carrying a cab; Doh!)

Anyway, Mark a Bass Direct (poptart) has them for £20 and has offered to ship it free for BC members .. pm him to get the deal.

[quote name='OldGit' post='192363' date='May 5 2008, 06:22 PM']Just in case you missed it, I've found my Hurcules GS414B neck grabber stand works for the Stagg on stage (as long as your guitarist doesn't walk into it carrying a cab; Doh!)

Anyway, Mark a Bass Direct (poptart) has them for £20 and has offered to ship it free for BC members .. pm him to get the deal.

[/quote]

Thanks OG. PMd Mark and will call this aft.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Linus27' post='201070' date='May 17 2008, 03:00 PM']Hey Maxcat, can you post a couple more pictures of the stand, especially how it sits near the bottom of the stand. I can't see if you have the end pin extended or not.

Thanks[/quote]

No probs mate. cant find my camera tonight but will get on it tomorrow. BTW the end pin is fully extended but just clears the floor by about a cm. Old Git has definitely got this to work perfectly. Cant take credit for the pictures already posted cos they are OGs but Ill take some close ups. Did you get my PM re the tripod stand?

My stand pics are here
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?s=&showtopic=16794&view=findpost&p=177631"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?s=&sho...st&p=177631[/url]

It's hanging from the stand's grabber head using the side prong. The pin does not touch the ground

You need to set the height of the stand so the pin does not touch the floor. That's key so it has no pivot point. If it is resting on the floor and leaning on the stand the high centre of gravity will push it over.

I used this on stage for a normal gig last night - a stage made up of boxes with some movement during lively bits .. It was fine.

[quote name='OldGit' post='201483' date='May 18 2008, 12:59 PM']My stand pics are here
[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?s=&showtopic=16794&view=findpost&p=177631"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?s=&sho...st&p=177631[/url]

It's hanging from the stand's grabber head using the side prong. The pin does not touch the ground

You need to set the height of the stand so the pin does not touch the floor. That's key so it has no pivot point. If it is resting on the floor and leaning on the stand the high centre of gravity will push it over.

I used this on stage for a normal gig last night - a stage made up of boxes with some movement during lively bits .. It was fine.[/quote]
And this is mine[attachment=8772:Stagg8.JPG][attachment=8766:Stagg1.JPG][attachment=8768:Stagg3.JPG][attachment=
8769:Stagg4.JPG][attachment=8770:Stagg5.JPG][attachment=8771:Stagg6.JPG][attachment=8767:Stagg2.JPG]

[quote name='OldGit' post='201531' date='May 18 2008, 02:31 PM']Odd the text didn't show in my previous post ...[/quote]

Yeah Might be the flash. It almost looks orange in the pics but is the deep red. Or it could be the subtle mood lighting in my Man Barn. Started out as a shed but I got carried away.

Edited by Maxcat

[quote name='Maxcat' post='201326' date='May 18 2008, 12:24 AM']No probs mate. cant find my camera tonight but will get on it tomorrow. BTW the end pin is fully extended but just clears the floor by about a cm. Old Git has definitely got this to work perfectly. Cant take credit for the pictures already posted cos they are OGs but Ill take some close ups. Did you get my PM re the tripod stand?[/quote]

Hi Maxcat,

Sorry for the delay in getting back. Yes got your PM about the Tripod. Thanks very much for that. Thanks also for the photos.

[quote name='Linus27' post='203171' date='May 20 2008, 07:29 PM']Hi Maxcat,

Sorry for the delay in getting back. Yes got your PM about the Tripod. Thanks very much for that. Thanks also for the photos.[/quote]
Your welcome Linus. And you got to the top of page 2. Niiiice