Why become a member? ×

Show us your (not-a-bass) rig!

mike257

There's plenty of us here dabbling in other instruments so I thought we should have a thread of our own for our rigs - guitar, keys, drums, xylophone - whatever you're rocking out on, stick it in here!

Here's my guitar toys to start us off - the nice UPS man just turned up with my Orange cab this morning so thought it was time for a photo. I've not tried the it with the new cab yet (sleeping baby son in the next room!) but think it's going to bring my old Carlsbro 50 Top head to life!

Edited by mike257

[quote name='JakeBrownBass' timestamp='1344009615' post='1758704']
Forget the left hand side of the picture and concentrate on the Moog on the right :lol:
[/quote]

Lovely stuff - is that your Jacko tour setup? Are you using the laptop for synth sounds too, or is the Moog doing all the heavy lifting?

[quote name='krysh' timestamp='1344290431' post='1762452']
forget the pilot on the floor:

and for rehearsal/recording the rig on the right:

[/quote]

Love that big red Guild semi, don't think I've seen one of them before. Did you build the amp yourself?

[quote name='mike257' timestamp='1344327099' post='1762703']
Love that big red Guild semi, don't think I've seen one of them before. Did you build the amp yourself?
[/quote]
thanks mike,
actually it is a great dark orange 2000 Guild X-170T, might be for sale though *sigh*:

the amp is a highend 50's 5w champ clone, built for me by a friend from newzealand last year. a small super dynamic sound monster.

cheers!

[quote name='mike257' timestamp='1344326917' post='1762699']

Lovely stuff - is that your Jacko tour setup? Are you using the laptop for synth sounds too, or is the Moog doing all the heavy lifting?
[/quote]

Yupp. At the moment the laptops only there as a backup for the sampling. Although I'm tempted to run the minimoog vst at the same time to make some even bigger sounds!

• 1 month later...