Why become a member? ×

Boss micro rack series

RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='NoirBass' timestamp='1395594264' post='2404126']
I just spotted this and thought of your thread:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Boss-RPW-7-Five-way-Power-Supply-for-F-X-pedals-/271432085001?pt=UK_Guitar_Accessories&hash=item3f329cee09
[/quote]

Trying to get the daisy chain leads now to connect them all up :(

[quote name='RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE' timestamp='1396675035' post='2416270']
Trying to get the daisy chain leads now to connect them all up :(
[/quote]

These look about your best bet:
[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5-x-Guitar-Effects-Pedal-Power-Cable-Lead-Boss-Style-2-1mm-plugs-Voodoo-Brick-/110991496479"]http://www.ebay.co.u...k-/110991496479[/url]

Edited by NoirBass

• 2 months later...

Hi folks, if anyone is interested I'm about advertise 4 micro racks for sale - I no longer use effects and they've been in a cupboard for at least 5 years. Do you think £50 each would be a fair price? If anyone from this forum wants too make me an offer I'll hold off putting them on Gear for Sale forum.

RBF-10 Flanger
RCE-10 Digital Chorus ensemble
RCL-10 Compressor Limiter
RSD-10 Digital Sampler delay

I also have 2 x 2 micro-unit rack trays - although I can only find one at present

• 5 months later...

Xmas pressie to myself , if it's not too pricey!
I got all the connection leads a few months ago.

When I was asking the I t guys in work about them, they were scratching their heads and looked at me rather oddly when they found out I was using them for these units.'

They couldn't understand why I was using old stuff. I told them that , I don't think presets are proper and that the way I use these mean I get each effect individually .
They were still scratching their heads ..
Forgot to mention the I t guys play guitar/ like their music etc.

Edited by RAY AGAINST THE MACHINE

I still have the compressor limiter. I used it when I had a Tascam 244 Portastudio and it was a great piece of kit.
I have used it a few times in my guitar rig but not live on bass.
I recall it used to have a nasty hmm if you didn't use a boss pus.

Edited by jazzyvee

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sounds are very good. Some of the effects are digital . The distortion/fuzz is very versatile , and although not a strictly bass effect sounds great.

I would imagine that these are pretty much the same as the foot pedal versions ( never had many boss foot pedals tbh)..
A friend has just emailed me the empty rack that appeared on eBay . I can't afford £100 right now, so cannot justify paying for a bit of plastic.:

I wouldn't bother with the plastic rack. If they are staying at home you should try to find a BMR-5:

http://www.bossarea.com/other/bmr5.asp

I think the Chorus, Phaser, OD and Flanger are all analogue so will sound great! They delays are most certainly digital. From what I remember the micro series had more options than the Boss compacts, but the circuits were very similar.

I used to have the PitchShifter/Delay and the Compressor along with Akai micro-rack delay (same 1/2 rack footprint). They all worked fine, but for me programmability was more important so I sold them along with another 4U worth of effects and replaced the lot with a 1U Roland GP8, which is still going strong over 20 years later.

BTW unless you want to spend ages playing around with double sided tape you need the proper Boss rack shelves as these are the only ones with the right shape for the screw fixings.