Why become a member? ×

Bass Book Giveaway

ped

Got to give this a go as I've acquired a 4/4 Andreas Zeller " by accident" as it were - I had just sold a guitar & so had some - I'll not say SPARE cash, but as yet unused cash & heard of this bass for sale by an older bassist.

I had to follow it up & met the guy - he was/is 82 years old & said he was finding it to much to carry & play it.

I got the bass off him (it's only about 15/16 years old, not one he had for years & years).

He seemed disconsolate at having to give up, so I loaned him my fretless bass guitar - I said thie electric bass may suit you instead. BLOW ME - HE'S BEEN & BOUGHT ONE AND A SMALL AMP & IS BACK OUT THERE - WHAT A GUY.....

Geoff
:rolleyes:

[quote name='bassace' timestamp='1345815019' post='1781917']
Actually this thread is worthless, full stop. I was glad when a dedicated double bass forum was set up within BC. It started off so well but has now degenerated to juvenile crap such as this.[/quote]

The juvenile crap such as this is filling the other DB threads as well then? Somehow I doubt it.
You think this thread is worthless. I think it has worth.
Why are you right?

Is it possible that we can go back to some sensible DB conversation where we can all learn from each other, experts and newbies alike and improve our DB skills?[/quote]

Just contribute to that, like many others do, despite what you write and suggest.
This your outpouring of bile can't be helping very much though.

Is it a coincidence that several experienced posters who offered valuable advice don't seem to be around much these days?[/quote]

My guess: they thought things got too stuffy and they missed the juvenile crap, but then I've been known to be wrong about stuff.

best,
bert

Am I to understand that the stuffed badger was simply for comical effect..? To think that I spent several hours (and nearly missed a fascinating television programme on wild life...) in order to help a fellow musician, only to learn that it's all a jape..? I really don't understand why threads like this have to degenerate into frivolity. Serious subjects should, imho, remain serious. There is no place for larking about where badgers and basses are concerned.
Thanks for your enlightenment, B; I shall have to be more discerning when offering advice in future.

It's not a joke. I really have a small stuffed badger stuck inside my bass. I believe it happened when we invited a hen party onstage in Weymouth a couple of weeks ago. I'm sorry that some people find this situation frivolous but I would like to retrieve said badger as he has sentimental value. The sound of the bass is unaffected, in case you were worried.

On the plus side, I've just found a back scratcer that my wife bought me for Christmas a couple of years back, so I'm going to try to fish him out with that.

I'll keep you posted....

Please note: Other threads in the forum may contain information of actual use to double bass players.

[quote name='Dad3353' timestamp='1345849723' post='1782525']
Tongs, mate, tongs.

(...[i]dodges back into the undergrowth, whistling 'Tongs ain't wot they used to be'[/i]...)
[/quote]

See, I can get a pair of tongs in through the f hole, but there's not enough space to manipulate the tongs to grasp the badger.

I'm feeling very hopeful about the back scratcher.

[quote name='TheRev' timestamp='1345911914' post='1783073']
See, I can get a pair of tongs in through the f hole, but there's not enough space to manipulate the tongs to grasp the badger.

I'm feeling very hopeful about the back scratcher.
[/quote]

How about going to an electronics shop and get one of these flexible arms that they use to dig up electronics components for example in build projects? They're much like the one I described earlier, with a press button on one side, but with two or three tiny claws on the other side instead of a beak. They're genious for many things, and can be bought in different lengths.

That, or tie a female badger to an electric bass (important it's not a DB) and wait for him to come out of the DB to get to [i]"know"[/i] her.

best,
bert

Hi everyone. I've been pretty ill these last couple of days and have loads to catch up on so I'll do the draw and get the addresses of the winners ASAP, over the next couple of days.

Remember you only had to say hello to enter and it's a draw from a hat, so good luck!