Why become a member? ×

show off your jazz's!

MiltyG565

im in the process of creating a nice fender jazz out of bits and bobs. i aqquired a fretless jazz bass through here last week. and it really is a lovely player, but i just dont think fretless is for me (but at least i tried it!).

Anyway, the body is supposidly a fender body, although the seller admits not knowing for sure if its a fender body. its lake placid blue with a tort pickguard. a really lovely looking body. i am buying a squier maple neck+ maple fretboard with black block inlays to stick onto it, instead of the the fretless.

after that, im thinking high mass bridge (babicz) and a pre-amp? although not set in stone about the preamp. It already has a set of (64?) RI fender jazz pickups installed in it.

Just wondering if you guys have any interesting jazz basses about? or any plans for something interesting? i will post a pic of mine when it has the new neck on :)

• 4 weeks later...

So many people say that the Jazz is the perfect shape, and I have to admit that it certainly looks very pleasing, and is comfortable on the strap to play, [b]BUT[/b], I hate the fact that you can't stand it up properly, and it also looks odd on a stand, so mine always hangs on the wall at home.

[quote name='Conan' timestamp='1347460778' post='1801142']
Is that a black bell plate, or just the angle? If it is, where did you get it? I'd like one of those!
[/quote]

It's black and came with the bass, which is a non-export 62 RI CIJ Fender in satin walnut (seems to be quite rare).

A black aftermarket plate should be easy enough to find... eg. http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Jazz-Bass-BLACK-CONTROL-PLATE-Fender-Jazz-Bass-/360386102704

[size=5]Here is my[size=6] Farida FJB20. [size=5]These days it has the pick guard off, and I am planning to ramp the pups and see how that feels and plays.[/size][/size][/size]

[size=5][quote name='crowman60' timestamp='1347582453' post='1802849']
this is my bitsa [/quote][/size]

[size=5]Hi Crowman60. I like the matching white headstock on that. Are those black machine heads too? Cant quite tell from the picture.?[/size]

Edited by daz

[quote name='dlloyd' timestamp='1347461398' post='1801156']
A black aftermarket plate should be easy enough to find... eg. [url="http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Jazz-Bass-BLACK-CONTROL-PLATE-Fender-Jazz-Bass-/360386102704"]http://www.ebay.com/...s-/360386102704[/url]
[/quote]

Thanks for that. I never even thought to look... :rolleyes:

wow, these are some sweet jazz's. i always had a thing against cheap jazz's, because any one i ever played had a horrible neck and looked like feck all, but i can see that i have just been unlucky! (thats on the point of the farida)

i should have photos of my new jazz bass up soon, as soon as i can bolt it all together.

[quote name='MiltyG565' timestamp='1347625436' post='1803222']
wow, these are some sweet jazz's. i always had a thing against cheap jazz's, because any one i ever played had a horrible neck and looked like feck all, but i can see that i have just been unlucky! (thats on the point of the farida)

i should have photos of my new jazz bass up soon, as soon as i can bolt it all together.
[/quote]

Mine only cost 129e, fabulous neck, lovely sound!

[quote name='crowman60' timestamp='1347582453' post='1802849']
hi this is my bitsa[attachment=118269:DSCF2064.JPG]
[/quote]

Yep that is realy nice. White control plate to. Is the back of the neck white? Nice job if you did it all yourself. Ive had plans like that for a while. Luckely they are still in my head ;)

A

EDIT: GAAHHHHH the pic didnt come up :( why not????

Edited by apa

[quote name='deefer_dog' timestamp='1347626137' post='1803229']
Mine only cost 129e, fabulous neck, lovely sound!
[/quote]

yes, i remember reading that when you were considering buying it. thats good money, in any economy.

i should take a trip down south and check some music places out down there. but the last time i was down, some lady on a bus tried to accuse me of going down south for cheap diesel. she completely missed the fact that i was on a bus.