Why become a member? ×

show off your jazz's!

MiltyG565

• 1 month later...

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:201193]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:201195]

Here's my VM 70s Jazz - going to keep it after all, will probably fit new pickups (JBXNs, maybe?), and, of course, some TI JF344 Jazz Flats. What else?

Edited by Telebass

• 4 weeks later...

Crikey. There are some beauties on here. At the moment i am using 3 Jazz basses for gigs. Two are US Fenders and one in a US Hamer Cruise with outrageous bridge.

This is a Highway 1 with an Audere Pre-amp. Its the goto bass as covers a lot of tonal options.

This one is the Hamer with the crazy bridge. Insane build quality. My favourite.

This is the backup American Standard (wanted an Olympic White one for ages)

I love that Hamer, that's the 2Tek bridge?

Here are mine. First, my beloved old ESP. Many have tried and failed and this is still top dog.

Charvel JP. I got this in a trade for a couple of pedals and a set of tuners. It needed a bit of work but it's a beast now.

And I made this one, one piece ash body with a mighty-mite neck. It's a lovely player.

[quote name='Iain' timestamp='1448092845' post='2912949']
Loving that last one you made! J-P-J pickups are interesting - vol-vol-vol-tone controls?
[/quote]
Thanks. No, I have an EMG BTC preamp in there. It's Vol-Blend-Bass-Treble. The neck J and P go to a small three-way toggle switch under the volume control and the output of that goes to the blend pot - the bridge J is on the other side of the blend.

[quote name='bakerster135' timestamp='1441358491' post='2858183']
My 75 Jazz, recently re-fretted by the Bass Gallery, new nut, and pickups re-potted by Bare Knuckle. Still weighs a tonne, but plays and sounds like a dream! :)

[url="http://s66.photobucket.com/user/albakio/media/Optimized-20150901_134556.jpg.html"][/url]
[/quote]

This is an absolute beauty! Keep hold of that one for sure! :D

[quote name='dlloyd' timestamp='1445549845' post='2892416']
Nice... how does that combination sound?
[/quote]

Mine has a RW board and I think it is a great combination.
No one needs 12-15 db on a pre amp, IMO, but it can be close to a passive sound
which is what I want but it has a lot of tone shape as well, if that is what you want.

I'm think I would want/need a pre with maybe 5 db max

congrats! I fell in love with the Stenbacks when Tom brought them to one of the LBGShows (3 years ago I think?). I especially loved the fivers though, with their pickup enclosures radiused to match the fretboard, which had the edges rolled quite a bit (another fetish of mine); overall comfort, attention to detail, and tone of course. Got one in my bucketlist for sure.

Thanks Such - it really is a beaut ! It was at the same show that I promised myself a Stenback. Even when the hall he was exhibiting in was simply too loud to hear things properly, there was something about the bass that felt just right.
Tom S has been great throughout the build.
Don't know if you clocked the image but this one is an active prototype, with a 3-band EQ. Range of tone is off the scale.
Just working my way up to taking it out on its first gig 😓

Edited by Dazzlovski

• 2 months later...

My 1996 Fender Jazz bass AVRI '62:

[URL=http://s1016.photobucket.com/user/vitaminesap/media/Fender%2062%20AVRI%20jazz/DSCN0622.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af282/vitaminesap/Fender%2062%20AVRI%20jazz/DSCN0622.jpg[/IMG][/URL]