Why become a member? ×

MONO Vertigo - first impressions

lozbass

• 2 months later...

I love the look of this case. What catches my eye is the boot - not for its advertised protection of the bass during a vertical drop (can't imagine a situation where I'd ever drop it like that), rather it looks like it'd be particularly hard-wearing.

Can anyone answer one question: does it have the 'clip-tuck' straps of the M80? I only ever use the handle - straps aren't for me so I'd prefer they were out of the way or didn't exist.

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='dannyp' timestamp='1354482254' post='1886555']
Can anyone answer one question: does it have the 'clip-tuck' straps of the M80? I only ever use the handle - straps aren't for me so I'd prefer they were out of the way or didn't exist. [/quote]

You can't tuck them away or remove them :(

Can anyone answer one question: does it have the 'clip-tuck' straps of the M80? I only ever use the handle - straps aren't for me so I'd prefer they were out of the way or didn't exist.
[/quote]

The whole point of the Mono bag is that you can carry it on your back. If your not going to use it like this IMO you are better off with a Hiscox case which is only marginally heavier and larger and offers far more protection for your bass.

• 2 weeks later...

I love the look of this case. What catches my eye is the boot - not for its advertised protection of the bass during a vertical drop (can't imagine a situation where I'd ever drop it like that), rather it looks like it'd be particularly hard-wearing.

[/quote]

As others suggest, the straps of the Vertigo are non-removable and non-stowable. I don't have such a problem as others report with the strap system on Mono bags (though they're not the most comfortable for me) - perhaps test before you buy - an issue of individual physiology. The carrying handle of the Vertigo is reasonably sturdy, comfortable and padded

Edited by lozbass

• 1 year later...

I just bought one and used it everyday this week.

It's betterer :D inside than the M80, I like the boot and the nice neck holder bit.

It's very well padded and the protection level is very high.

It does seem to ride very high on your back though, I'm 6ft tall and very skinny, the straps are as long as they'll go but it still bangs on the ceiling of the tube train and other trains. Like I say, it's well padded though luckily :D.

Definitely lacking in the storage department though, books and leads are catered for, but nowhere for my clip on tuner.

Great case though.

No problem with that, I've got Dunlop strap locks on my basses, and Wednesday I used a bass with a Richter strap and Thursday a comfort strap. Both fitted in OK.

Just read your post, sorry.

I kept the strap on the basses, there's heaps of room inside the bag, possibly more than the M80, and definitely more than the Protec Contego.

Edited by ambient

I don't think a strap would go in the pocket.

I got 160 page A4 book of Bach Chorales, a coiled lead and a cheese sandwich in the pocket, nothing else. My clip on tuner has to go in my shoulder bag.
Maybe being a bit cynical, but I'm guessing they're hoping you'll buy the extra clip on bag thing :D .

I've recently bought a Vertigo and I think the only thing I don't like about it is the fact that I can't put my Overwater 5 string Jazz in it without removing the pad at the bottom of the bag. Hence I only use it for my Yamaha TRB5 (which has an angled headstock and a 3 + 2 headstock).

It's a lighter bag than my iGig (which I use for the Overwater) and I can put a Levy's leather strap with Dunlop straplocks quite comfortably in the front pocket.