Why become a member? ×

Plexiglass Precision - FINISHED! Phone Pics Added.

AndyTravis

Quick update.

Bridge on way.

Pickups on order be here next week.

Fender flat top Knobs will be paid for tomorrow.

KiOgon Wiring arranged and will be paid for tomorrow. (now paid, excited!)

The only sticking point is the pickguard.

I'm going to have a go myself, and will have plenty left over to give my mate to do a proper job.

[b]Edit - Have E-mailed the Aurora project to see how quickly they could turn my template around, think this Lexan i've got is going to be too thick.[/b]

First Gig it will do may be a dep covers gig on the 4th in Chester.

Edited by AndyTravis

Just a pic with the neck loosley bolted on, awaiting the BAII bridge to arrive and then I can align it correctly before figuring out what i need to do around the neck end.

The original pickguard was a bit of a shonky cut with a gap all the way around the Socket.

A mate at Fender is sending me a new nut; Hopefully it'll arrive before the bridge so I can do all the setup stuff and then just drop the electronics in.

There is still the need to polish the neck pocket, cavity and routs - A friend of mine is dropping off some wNd and some buffing compound.

All good fun...

[quote name='AndyTravis' timestamp='1347570661' post='1802699']
Just a pic with the neck loosley bolted on, awaiting the BAII bridge to arrive and then I can align it correctly before figuring out what i need to do around the neck end.

The original pickguard was a bit of a shonky cut with a gap all the way around the Socket.

A mate at Fender is sending me a new nut; Hopefully it'll arrive before the bridge so I can do all the setup stuff and then just drop the electronics in.

There is still the need to polish the neck pocket, cavity and routs - A friend of mine is dropping off some wNd and some buffing compound.

All good fun...
[/quote]

looks ace mate. :)

Just some of the bits I have on the Way...

A very clever loom courtesy of KiOgon - All nice and simple looking, meaning there will be less of a birds nest on show.

Celinder (Kent Armstrong) Pickups courtesy of Bill Ellis - Via LozBass originally.

As a side point, Kent Armstrong - Son of Dan Armstrong, godfather of acrylic basses. I thought it was a cool link.

Badass II - Not in 'brand new' nick, but will clean up well - This and the neck came from TheBoy (Mark) which was a very cool discovery.

Nut courtesy of Matt at Fender; he sent a blank too just in case the string alignment was off...Very handy.

Knobs are coming via Protium - Proper flat top/grub screw ones, as opposed to the push on types i seem to have about 8 of...(PM if you want some, few quid HA)

And i'm posting my pickguard off on monday to Howard TheBassDoc.

Loom is here. It's fantastically put together, really impressed. Thanks John!!!

Pickguard was sent today, will be with Howard tomorrow.

Am taking Ella to her first day at school tomorrow (where did those 3 years go?!) and will be collecting some bits from work on the way home...

Hopefully the bridge so I can do neck alignment and the knobs if they've arrived.

Had a go at cleaning the wiring runs to the cavity.

It's not gone amazingly well, the pickup to cavity 'tube' is accessible and cleaned up well enough, but the earth wire one was a pain.

They are now clear of buffing compound and dust but aren't totally smooth.

I think I'm going to mull it over tonight, read through the aforementioned Tele build and rethink my approach.

The main issue was the end of the earthing route under the bridge; at the exit point it's really fragile, and a small hairline crack appeared.

I just don't want to push my luck and cock it up, just to have totally polished routes...

Will report back if I suss it.

Celinder pickup has arrived, looks amazing.

Need to wait for the pickguard now as I'll have to re drill the body for pickup mounting; the Celinder is about 5% smaller than the old AXL/EMG ones which is a real shame.

But, things are never simple eh?

I'm having a mate look at the cavities to see if there's anything he can do to polish them; he customises bike and racing helmets, so has all the materials to polish plastics...

See how we go this week, may have it finished.