Why become a member? ×

Warwick Streamer and Corvette

dazco

I have the opportunity to buy a Warwick Corvette for £250. It has 2 pick ups on.

I also have my heart set on a Streamer Std, that has one pickup.

Is there a lot of difference between the Corvette and the Streamer Std?

Thanks

Well I was just going to point out that difference. The Corvette has two single coil Jazz pickups which are in different positions to the Streamers lone single coil pickup. The different positions and pickups will give different tones. Roughly jazz vs musicman in sound, although I have no real experience in this matter.

Might get a better response in bass guitars?

[quote name='The Funk' post='19789' date='Jun 18 2007, 06:10 PM']Get the Corvette for £250. Unless it's a Rockbass Corvette.[/quote]
Thankf for all your replies.

The corvette is red, the streamer is natural and 3 times better looking.

here is the spec for the streamer
4 string
* Single Passive EMG soapbar pickup
* Brass frets (24)
* Adjustable nut
* 3 piece ovankol neck
* Wenge fretboard
* Carolena body
* Natural finish
* Chrome Warwick hardware
* Made in Germany (1999 serial number)
* Serial Number L ****** 99 verified by Warwick as a genuine Streamer STD (I have the mails from their support desk)

I will be playing rock type music

AFAIK the other difference would be the Corvette standard has the Warwick two piece bridge and the streamer doesnt. I used to have a Streamer Standard and it was a superb basses, one of the best necks I've ever played. If you dont mess with switching PuPs I would say get the Streamer.

[quote name='Machines' post='19786' date='Jun 18 2007, 06:05 PM']Depends on the Steamer - some Streamers come in all sorts of pickup configs including J/J. Probably isn't a huge difference in tone between Streamer LX and Corvette Standard (Ash).[/quote]

Streamer LXs are Maple (2piece) bodies, and are generally heavier than the ash-bodied Corvettes. As a result, there are some tonal differences. My LX6 sounds very meaty indeed.

Ive just recently p/x'd a streamer standard 5 string for a Streamer LX 5, and I have to say that the Streamer LX 5 is lighter than the Standard I had. My Standard had two soapbar pickups, and a tone control that did sod all, however the neck was sublime and the build quality was typical of a warwick - tough as you like.

However, my Streamer LX has twin Jazz pickups, a MEC pre-amp, and a Ovangkol/Wenge neck - it plays just as well, but I am able to dial in many more tones that I was before.

for me this is a no brainer - streamer standard has a cheap looking bridge and carolena wood body that looks like stripped pine and felt like it to touch- imo you did the right thing and got an ash bodied warwick with the 2pc bridge/tailpiece.I owned both at varying times and the corvette Std was far superior to the streamer std.you'd need at least a LX or a ProM to get a better streamer than the corvette you got
just my two bobs worth and congrats on the bass
DJ