Why become a member? ×

Who was 10CCs bassist?

SMART

I'm showing my age again!

Been 'a playing the life out of the back catalogue of Level 42 as I like Mr King but also luv Mike Lindups keyboards and singing...

Just to get some relief I came across a very best of compilation by 10CC on my trusty iPod. Great original music, production absolutely superb and something many can still learn from but the bass lines are peaches.

Try playing 'Good Morning Judge', I'm sure many of you will like it especially if you don't remember this great group from the 70s or were too young to hear them on the TV or radio.

Can anyone remind me who their bassist was?

Ciao

Ian

Edited by SMART

[quote name='jakesbass' post='190331' date='May 2 2008, 10:07 AM']And he also wrote quite a bit of their material. A very talented guy. He is also a lovely guitar player.[/quote]

I saw (ages ago now) an "In the Round" episode on BBC3 with Gouldman, Neil Finn and Roddy Frame all playing acoustics and singing some of their more popular songs. Towards the end, they played a few numbers together and did a fantastic version of I'm not in Love.

I can't find this programme anywhere and I'd love to see it again.

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' post='190336' date='May 2 2008, 10:12 AM']I saw (ages ago now) an "In the Round" episode on BBC3 with Gouldman, Neil Finn and Roddy Frame all playing acoustics and singing some of their more popular songs. Towards the end, they played a few numbers together and did a fantastic version of I'm not in Love.

I can't find this programme anywhere and I'd love to see it again.[/quote]

It wasn't In The Round - it was Songwriter's Circle. It was that very episode that turned me onto 10cc (and Aztec Camera for that matter) as I thought the songs were fab. I never realised that Graham Gouldman also wrote Bus Stop for the Hollies and from that point on, I went on a bit of a Graham Gouldman adventure. To this day, Dreadlock Holiday remains one of my favourite songs.

Anyway, this is the bit you are all waiting for... you'll find all the videos withing here -

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/thingsihaveseen3"]http://www.youtube.com/user/thingsihaveseen3[/url]

Edited by EBS_freak

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='190345' date='May 2 2008, 10:28 AM']It wasn't In The Round - it was Songwriter's Circle. It was that very episode that turned me onto 10cc (and Aztec Camera for that matter) as I thought the songs were fab. I never realised that Graham Gouldman also wrote Bus Stop for the Hollies and from that point on, I went on a bit of a Graham Gouldman adventure. To this day, Dreadlock Holiday remains one of my favourite songs.

Anyway, this is the bit you are all waiting for... you'll find all the videos withing here -

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/thingsihaveseen3"]http://www.youtube.com/user/thingsihaveseen3[/url][/quote]

Ah, that's maybe why I've never found it when I've searched for it.

Thanks for the link. I'm a happy man!!

On a related note - way back in the 90s Guitarist magazine (I think) had an article of Graham with lots of lovely, almost full page pictures of his guitars and basses. Does anyone know which magazine this was in as I had a copy at the time and would love to lay my hands on another copy - mostly to drool over!

Andy :)

Saw 10cc last year at Brentwood leisure centre.
It was basically Graham Gouldman with a whole bunch of people who have played with them over the years. Great gig especially the singer.
Graham is an immensley talented bloke who also wrote lots of songs for people like the Hollies in the '60s. My wife( not a big fan) did ask who the bloke who looks like an accountant was though.

If they tour again go and see them. I will.

I have previously played I'm not in love and currently play Rubber Bullets and Wall St Shuffle with my band. Great bass parts. One day I'll get around to learning Things We Do For Love. It's a cracker

Edited by lonestar

[quote name='backwater' post='190387' date='May 2 2008, 11:37 AM']On a related note - way back in the 90s Guitarist magazine (I think) had an article of Graham with lots of lovely, almost full page pictures of his guitars and basses. Does anyone know which magazine this was in as I had a copy at the time and would love to lay my hands on another copy - mostly to drool over![/quote]

it was Guitarist. I might still have that one- i remember he had a Rick 4001, a stingray and a Jazz.

Edited by SJA

[quote name='SJA' post='190725' date='May 2 2008, 05:14 PM']it was Guitarist. I might still have that one- i remember he had a Rick 4001 and a Jazz.[/quote]

It was the Jazz I recall - I remember drooling for a while! If you can find which one it was I can then see if I can find a copy!

Thanks

Andy :)