Why become a member? ×

Feedback for essexbasscat

fretmeister

Guitar God !! :) :) :o

If I get known for playing guitar, it'll only be for the crowd laughting / groaning at my attempts - Who played that bum note ?

My bass will always come first !!!!

It was great to meet you too Neil. At least I know that bass is going to a good home, it really is a nice one that eh ? You're always welcome for a cuppa if you're down this neck of the woods :)

Edited by essexbasscat

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought Tom's SA450. He was kind enough to deliver it to my house for no charge, saving me the agro of the rush hour traffic. Lovely guy, but Tom did confess to moving to the dark side (guitard), so there could be more bass bargains coming up. Tom please give me first refusal.

Trade with confidence.

• 6 months later...

Tim, you're more experienced than me by more than a few furlongs mate, I know you could show me more than a thing or two.

You're cetainly right about that Eden WT400 head BTW, that's a keeper for sure.

Thanks for everything Tim, you're a gent

All the best

Tom

Edited by essexbasscat

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have been greatly remiss in forgetting (till now) to post regarding Tom's sale of a trombone to me. Not only did he sell it at a knock-down price, he delivered it to my house personally, gave me some startup tuition, and also brought a carload (literally!) of other instruments for myself and my offspring to spend the evening trying out!

It's actually quite hard to put down what a special kind of chap he is without seeming OTT... but put simply, Tom is one of the nicest and most genuine people you could possibly deal with on Basschat, and given the splendid quality of so many on here, this is rightly the highest of praise! You can have absolutely 100% confidence in any interaction you have with him.

Cheers mate, the world would be a better place if there were more people like you! ;)

Thanks Andy, high praise indeed from one of the most helpful and sociable people I've come to meet on BC.

It was a pleasure to bring some of my toys around yours and spend some time just playing, instead of working as we did in the past at the London bass bash. It's also a comfort to know that there's someone else out there who's living room is as musically dominated as mine :D

Perhaps we could organise a West London mini bash at some point ? maybe get Nigel along and one or two others that live out that way ?

Best wishes for your daughter and her Violin studies by the way, I wish I could play mine as well as she can.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'd just like to air my appreciation for one of Basschat's real gentlemen. Tom replied to my request on the forum for help to pick up an equalizer I'd bought from someone in east London. Despite the snow, Tom travelled from Essex to Leytonstone to pick the unit up for me. Not only that, but he paid him the cash on my behalf that I'd previously transferred to his bank. To top it all, Tom was brilliant and packed the unit up for me (the seller had promised to pack it up but failed to do so).

What can I say? My faith in humanity is restored:-). Seriously, Tom is a very generous guy and, if you're reading this thread to see whether you can do business with him, then the answer is a definite 'absolutely'.