Why become a member? ×

Feedback for essexbasscat

fretmeister

That's a lovely family family you have there Paul. Please give your wife and daughters a big thank - you from me for making me feel welcome.

Paul - thanks to you, I've now heard an LM 11 for the first time and now have some idea what people are talking about on this forum. That model ampeg was also a first for me too, so all in all, it's been an interesting day and time well spent. By the way, nice basses too !!

Made it back with half hour to spare before the darkness really came down, so timed it well for leaving. Perhaps it's just as well we didn't meet in the pub - I suspect we'd still be there now !!

And my feedback for Paul; any man that greets you with custard creams has my vote - cheers Paul, well met. Top man. Some very interesting bass lines too.

All the best

Tom

• 5 weeks later...

Why, thank you Shep. That SA450 is going nowhere without me. Period. Definately one of my better buys.

Thanks for everything today, including the intro. to an area of sound I'd like to explore more, now I've been shown how it's done.

No worries dealing with Shep folks. Sound.

Cheers

Tom

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Why thank you Rich :)

You have some nice basses there, including that Status collection. Meeting you has opened my eyes a bit to these basses and what they're about, something that was well overdue. They sound huge through that little giant and the Genz Benz neo cab.

I finally got my hands on that AV62 Precision as well (and then had to let it go again, damn). I'm pretty sure the new owner will not be dissapointed. It's a real shame that's not going to be me !!

Thanks for everything Rich, including the straightforward directions. Nice one.

Hopefully we'll meet again at some point. In the meantime good luck with the shows mate :rolleyes:

T

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers Gareth and ta for the nice cable. I'll have to play on dark stages now, as your one will show up my other cables !

Any time you have some nice stuff to sell at good prices, I'll be only too happy to hear about it (along with the other 10,000 BC'ers after some nice kit).

Thanks Gareth

cheers

T

• 1 month later...

met Tom yesterday when he drove from the other end of the country to pick up my (now his) RW Precision bass.
lovely bloke,damn fine player & a great conversationalist too.
even my dog (Jake) enjoyed meeting him.
take care Tom & enjoy that lovely bass. :)

Thanks Neil, that Precision has a good home here. It's never easy to find that 'right' Precision, but this is the one alright. As Borat would say, s'nice !!

Thanks for the cup(s) of tea mate, I really needed that after that journey in the heat yesterday. I felt dry- roasted by the time I got back.

Jake's a lovely puppy !! warmest welcome anywhere, bless 'im.

If you're down this way any time, drop in and we'll go for a beer

cheers

Tom

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Met Tom for the first time today at Northampton services on the M1.
I bought his beautiful Yamaha Bex semi-acoustic bass off him.

Tom's a lovely fella and drove all the way from his plantation in the deep Thames Delta to meet up with me. :)
He was totally honest and genuine in pointing out the (minimal) dings on the bass before I bought.

A top guy, and a pleasure to do business with him.

I hope your journey towards being a 'guitar god' continues well Tom.

Neil