Why become a member? ×

Wireless for 6 string

Spikeh

Done a search, but not found anything specific on extended range bases...

I use an Ibanez 6 string tuned BEADGC and I'm looking to move to wireless so I can put a bit more of a show on :huh:

Therefore I need a wireless kit that can handle 15Hz - 300Hz (I think that's around the highest my bass will hit on the last string of the high C?) and doesn't affect my tone.

Price not an issue... needs to be easily available in the UK - been recommended kits that you can only get hold of in America - no use to me really!

Any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks! :)

I don't know of anything that goes to 15hz other than the X-Wire stuff that is only available in the US.

Shure's ULX system might but I think they probably cost more than your bass did :)

I use an AKG WMS400 and it's fine on my Low A string so that might be worth checking out.

Cheers

[quote name='Spikeh' post='20074' date='Jun 19 2007, 11:12 AM']I use an Ibanez 6 string tuned BEADGC...
...Therefore I need a wireless kit that can handle 15Hz - 300Hz (I think that's around the highest my bass will hit on the last string of the high C?) and doesn't affect my tone.[/quote]

I think you should check these frequency figures - a standard low B is approximately 31Hz, and very few amps/speakers will go even this low, so going down to 15Hz probably won't do much for you. Additionally, on a 24 fret six string with a high C, the highest note will be C above middle C, i.e. about 523Hz. But that only represents the fundamental frequency, the note is also made up of higher frequency overtones, which will also have to be transmitted. The specifications for one of my speaker cabintes lists it as representing 32Hz to 14KHz, so I'm guessing you should be looking around at least that range.

Jennifer