Why become a member? ×

anyone know anything about youtube syndication and enabling mobile viewing?

Dudgeman

HI all
As most of you guys on here are sensible, intelligent people of the world I thought I would put this to you...as most of the searching I have done has turned up no sensible answers.

I upload videos to Youtube of our band playing for promotion...a few other videos of bass covers...you know the usual thing. I have problem with the "Matching content" on most of our videos , as we are a Muse tribute I take it as a compliment that Youtube can work out that it is Muse! but I have had absolutely no problems with people being able to watch them on their mobiles....which is now a huge part of youtube and promo.

Then yesterday I uploaded a bass cover of Liquid State and it will not let me enable mobile watching. If I go to edit-advanced settings the syndication section is greyed out and it says "No, this video should not be available on mobile phones and TV" I never enabled that and if I go to a mobile to watch it it says "Owner has not allowed this video to be used on a mobile.." or something similar...

Anyone got the first idea how I can overturn this so all those interested in seeing me hit that bum note at 46 seconds can laugh with all their mates while watching on their Iphones..lol

Cheers all

Do you know what makes me laugh about this situation...I fire open my app on my android phone and the video is blocked because of the " not allowing content on mobile devices blah blah." So I go to the desktop version on my phone's browser (which is still mobile) and the video plays no problem what so ever....I am fairly sure that my Galaxy Note is mobile, some would say only just :happy: , but none the less a mobile device....which is what they are trying to stop...So whats the ******* point! Lol ...

Edited by Dudgeman