Why become a member? ×

keyboard advice

lowdowner

I need some help!

Our band is in need of a keyboard player and we're having difficulty finding one locally so - as I used to play piano in my yoof (!) - I offered to play some keyboards on song intros where the bass isn't so prominent... at least until we get a keyboard player

so I need some advice for a reasonably priced, around 4 octave (don't want to lug around a huge thing) keyboard with pressure sensitive keys, midi, preferably sound sample updatable software, etc. etc.

Any ideas to what I should get and from where - are there keyboard specific shops that can give me advice when I buy?

thanks for any info/comment

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1349438336' post='1826288']
Duncan at Digital Village cambridge is a keyboard player (as a lot of them there are) so they should be able to help you out. If cambridge doesn't suit you then any digital village is generally good.

What's your budget?
[/quote]

That's great - thanks...

Budget? Erm... don't know how much I need to spend. i'd prefer to buy well and buy once i guess... maybe up to £1K tops... although i'd have to save a few pennies *gulp*

• 2 weeks later...