Why become a member? ×

Lessons in Radcliffe, North Manchester

steve

I've recently completed my mixed discipline degree in Music and Pure Maths with the Open University, so I have some extra teaching slots available.

There's more info on my website, [url="http://www.manchesterbasslessons.co.uk"]Manchester Bass Lessons[/url] but basically I charge £20 per hour, and tailor the lessons to your requirements.

Areas covered can include playing posture and technique; scales, theory and harmonic analysis; instrument setup; reading music etc

I can provide a bass or double bass for the student to use in the lesson if bringing your own instrument is problematic.

Edited by steve

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Been having lessons with Steve for what will be approaching a year I think, how time flies. He is flexible and lessons are relaxed and enjoyable with a true feeling of progress after each and every one. He allows you to progress at your own speed and in keeping with what time you have at home to practise. Lessons are kept interesting with new material introduced regularly, but you never feel like you are falling behind or struggling to keep up. Theory is drip fed in as and when it helps or as a tie in sort of comment explaining how and why it works and how it all related. I travel in from Blackpool for a weekly lesson, so he must be doing something right.

Free bump as well. Back to the top

• 2 months later...

Swingin' the blues in Radcliffe with Steve Mc has been a real pleasure; I'm learning blues/ jazz standards and in the handful of lessons I've had with Steve, he's already convinced (and helped) me to buy a double bass and start reading music - fine progress indeed! Steve is very knowledgeable and helpful and I love going to lessons knowing that I'm improving. You also get a cup of tea - a good one! Need I say more?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

[quote name='StanK' timestamp='1372548682' post='2127173']
Swingin' the blues in Radcliffe with Steve Mc has been a real pleasure; I'm learning blues/ jazz standards and in the handful of lessons I've had with Steve, he's already convinced (and helped) me to buy a double bass and start reading music - fine progress indeed! Steve is very knowledgeable and helpful and I love going to lessons knowing that I'm improving. You also get a cup of tea - a good one! Need I say more?
[/quote]

Thanks very much for this Paul

• 1 year later...

Been having upright lessons with Steve for a while now. He's really knowledgeable and I come away from each lesson with new ideas and a greater understanding of Jazz and the double bass. His lessons are well placed, if I don't understand something we go over it at different angles until I do. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Steve to anybody looking to expand their theory knowledge and improve their playing.