Why become a member? ×

Yorkshire Bass Bash

yorks5stringer

[quote name='Adrenochrome' post='206075' date='May 25 2008, 06:06 PM']No, I can't do the 29th June as I'm gigging that afternoon.
If the date of the gig or the date of the bash changes to a date when I'm free, then I'll go.
I still don't have any tastey gear to show around regardless!
ta, Jon[/quote]
SNAP! My first Sunday afternoon gig of the year. :)

[quote name='funkypenguin' post='206754' date='May 26 2008, 07:36 PM']Im certainly interested. and im sure i can convince a few bassist friends to stick their heads round the door.
Il bring my full rig with me and both basses

nice to have an event in't north![/quote]

Thanks, I was starting to lose heart a bit as there seemed to be more "nays" than "thays"!
Yes, please tell your friends, the more the merrier ( and louder)!

[quote name='Mr Bassman' post='208871' date='May 29 2008, 01:57 PM']Would there be any interest in my uprights (acoustic & electric) and if so will there be enough room?[/quote]

I would have thought so as they are more...............upright! It might also encourage a more "thoughtful" demographic to attend too and we could always have a "Jazz" section :)
Joking aside and presuming I have not totally hacked you off(?), if you have room to bring them that would be great, the Concert Room is massive: maybe the only issue will be actually hearing them!

It does however bring up another issue which I guess we all need to take on board:

You(we) are all responsible for (y)our own equipment both in terms of security and damage. From what I gather from other BB's, people are usually very respectful of others equipment but if the forecast numbers do turn up (could be 20 plus) we need to keep a collective eye on each others gear in case some opportunist thief (and clearly not a Bass-Chatter) wanders in and back out with a Little Mark or £3000 bespoke bass!

bah.

still haven't worked out what's important about the 29th (other than the bass meet, of course :)) but i can't make it during the day anyway as i am working. will be finished work at around 4 though, so could certainly meet everyone in the afternoon/evening?
what are everyones plans for then?

x

Hi Yorkshire and possibly beyond, Bass Bashers.

I can now confirm the following:

[b]Yorkshire Bass Bash to be held on Sunday June 29th from 12.30 until 4.30 pm at:

The Copper Beech Club,
31 Northgate,
Baildon,
SHIPLEY, BD17 6JZ
Tel: 01274 584091[/b]

Please note the [b]revised time [/b]due to licensing laws and the fact I have a Wedding with the Trio that evening!

We have use of a large Function Room with raised stage and I am very pleased to announce that Bren Travis will be running Performance Bass Sessions throughout the event via headphones and also a separate 'Masterclass' with one of his pupils midway through the afternoon. He intends to give away some free software on the day, including Loop-trainer software and a high quality Drum Loop application, with free licenses for all who sit a session, plus A3 landscape Mode/Pentatonic scale wallcharts.

There should also be some Basses on sale, my Mark Bass T151P cab and the compulsory Bass Bash Raffle!

[b]IMPORTANT NOTE:[/b]
There is free CCTV monitored parking in the Co-op car park but all visitors to the Bash need to enter their registrations into the terminal within the Club to ensure you don’t get ticketed for overstaying the 1.5 hours limit. I cannot accept any responsibility for your parking tickets!

I have also been asked to limit slapping to no more than 5 minutes per Hour and there will be a ritual burning of Behringher Bass Gear at 3.30 pm.

Edited by yorks5stringer

Due to circumstances completely outside of my control I can't make this now; which is a real shame as I was looking forward to it (on the calendar and everything).

I look forward to the next one (assuming this one goes well) as Baildon is just down the road from me.

Totally bummed about this unforeseen turn of events :) :huh:

Well Its my last day at work friday so ill defo be able to make it.

Ill bring my Stingray and my fretless P.

And as an added bonus, if all goes well I should have a new rig to bring too. Marshall VBA400 + VBC412. Could bring it along if anyones interested in it.

If anyone wants to buy/look at my Ashdown stuff and is going to the bash let me know by PM and ill bring it along, although not sure I can fit 2 basses, marshall head, 4x12 cab, 2x10 cab and a 15" combo in a clio.

[quote name='Jobiebass' post='216654' date='Jun 11 2008, 09:52 AM']Well Its my last day at work friday so ill defo be able to make it.

Ill bring my Stingray and my fretless P.

And as an added bonus, if all goes well I should have a new rig to bring too. Marshall VBA400 + VBC412. Could bring it along if anyones interested in it.

If anyone wants to buy/look at my Ashdown stuff and is going to the bash let me know by PM and ill bring it along, although not sure I can fit 2 basses, marshall head, 4x12 cab, 2x10 cab and a 15" combo in a clio.[/quote]

Looking forward to seeing you and just tie the basses to the roof....!

[quote name='ped' post='216659' date='Jun 11 2008, 09:59 AM']This sounds like a superb event, I wish I was closer. Have a brilliant time and make sure we see plenty of pics![/quote]

Hi Ped

Hopefully it will go well, lots will attend and someone will remember to bring a camera!

Would this be an opportune time to request some Basschat cards and stickers for the Bash, please?

Cheers

Keith (presumably you have my contact details already?)

Edited by yorks5stringer

Hi keith,

I need to get round to ordering a new batch as I have completely run out now. Last time I ordered some (in time for the Nottingham bash) I checked up on the order and they totally forgot about it altogether!

I will let you know if I can scrape some together for you!

Cheers and have a great bash
ped

[quote name='yorks5stringer' post='216737' date='Jun 11 2008, 11:40 AM']Looking forward to seeing you and just tie the basses to the roof....![/quote]

lol, Ill find room somewhere. prob have to drop all the seats to get the cab in anyways. thats if I get it before the bash.

Hi, trying to make a plan to get there on the day but as I have my children on the day ( 6, 8 and 11 ) it involves convincing my girlfriend to entertain them locally for an hour so I can call in ( particularly want to to meet Bren Travis again as he is the person who taught me years ago and gave me the confidence to join my first band. He is a top guy and superb bass player )

Can you suggest anywhere that I can drop the four of them off local to the venue so that I can at least call in for an hour or so ( thinking of something like a pub with Wacky Warehouse type play area or a nice park )

Thanks

Tony

[quote name='tonybassplayer' post='218684' date='Jun 14 2008, 06:40 AM']Hi, trying to make a plan to get there on the day but as I have my children on the day ( 6, 8 and 11 ) it involves convincing my girlfriend to entertain them locally for an hour so I can call in ( particularly want to to meet Bren Travis again as he is the person who taught me years ago and gave me the confidence to join my first band. He is a top guy and superb bass player )

Can you suggest anywhere that I can drop the four of them off local to the venue so that I can at least call in for an hour or so ( thinking of something like a pub with Wacky Warehouse type play area or a nice park )

Thanks

Tony[/quote]

Hi Tony
If the weather is nice there is a nice park (Jenny Lane) with swings and walks to the moors 5 mins from the venue by foot and about 1 min in the car or there's Jimmy G's next to the Old Tramshed in Saltaire/Shipley for children who are not tuned into the great outdoors! [url="http://www.thomsonlocal.com/Jimmy-Gs/2941739/map/companyinfo.html"]http://www.thomsonlocal.com/Jimmy-Gs/29417...ompanyinfo.html[/url]. I've rung them and they are open Sundays!

Cheers

Keith