Why become a member? ×

Yorkshire Bass Bash

yorks5stringer

Just wondering if anyone would be interested in a (West) Yorkshire Bass bash (assuming there is not one already planned or one happened just before I joined this august ensemble?)

I know of at least 4 bassists in Baildon and there seem to be quite a few other members quite near too.

There is a social club in the village who are keen to open their doors to musicians (there's a Jam every 3 weeks now, next one Friday 23rd) and there's a good chippy 2 minutes away too!

Please let me know if this seems a good idea/and/or you may be interested?

I'd be happy to bring my 5 String Rick Turner Electroline and G&L 2500 Tribby and the usual MarkBass Travellers...

Edited by yorks5stringer

Depends where in Leeds.
Im really not a big fan of leeds, I hate the city center, its a one way nightmare! even with sat nav! Ive got mates around the hydepark area, I know where the skatepark is and thats about it, if there is pently of people up for it I dont mind driving up its only about 45mins-1hour

[quote name='yorks5stringer' post='194737' date='May 8 2008, 03:15 PM']I know of at least 4 bassists in Baildon and there seem to be quite a few other members quite near too.[/quote]
See if you can have it [i]al fresco[/i] where the dodgems used to be, near the top of Shipley Glen Tramway. No volume restrictions there, and a pub nearby!

Edited by Hit&Run

[quote name='yorks5stringer' post='196917' date='May 12 2008, 09:16 AM']I'll give this another week to see if there is any more interest: I might be wrong but 6 or 8 bassists does not strike me as viable?[/quote]

depends what you want from it really. i don't think regional meetings are ever likely to be on the grand scale that 'The' bassbash is, and at the end of the day, theres always the option of sitting out in the sun in a beer garden and having a chat?

x

• 2 weeks later...

Right, listen up as I've spoken to the Ents Secretary at the Copper Beech Club in Baildon and we can have the large Concert Room ( with low stage) all Sunday, the 29th June. I propose 10.00 am to 4.00 pm. There is a large free CCTV'd car park outside the club( it is over the local Co-op).
Baildon is around 4 miles from Bradford City Centre and about 20 minutes off the M62

Could people let me know if this date is OK with them and if so, what they would bring along please? [b]There's also quite [/b][b]a few Yorkshire members who have not responded yet [/b]so if you are interested could you 'show your hands' please? I'll give some thought to a Bass Chatters raffle too.....

I'll start:

Rick Turner Electroline 5 String
G&L Tribby GL2500
Little Mark IIe
2x10 Traveller
1X15 Traveller
a fair degree of incompetence

Edited by yorks5stringer

[quote name='rbatts2000' post='205684' date='May 24 2008, 07:54 PM']I am tempted but unfortunately, as it's Fathers' Day, I have to stay at home whilst my little one tells me how much he loves me in the only way a 16 month old know how - by climbing all over me and poking at my eyes. :)[/quote]

Had a re-think as FD might impact on quite a few so have gone for the 29th instead, hope you can come!

for some reason the 29th June is ringing a bell somewhere in the deepest darkest corners of my mind that says that day is significant. if i don't remember what the other thing is, or it turns out not to require my attendance anywhere, i'm in. joining me will be the MM sterling for sure, and possibly some other stuff if i can force it in the mini without injuring myself (or the mini)

looking forward to it!

(just gotta remember what the 29th is all about)

x

[quote name='yorks5stringer' post='205630' date='May 24 2008, 05:43 PM']I'll give some thought to a Bass Chatters raffle too.....

I'll start:

Rick Turner Electroline 5 String
G&L Tribby GL2500
Little Mark IIe
2x10 Traveller
1X15 Traveller[/quote]

Well if you've got raffle prizes like that I'll definitely come along :)

Being a Guiseley lad, I'd be very interested assuming I'm not booked for anything.

I could bring along my Shuker 5 String and a small GK combo.

[i][b]Edit:[/b] I've checked the calendar and there is something there but it's crossed out. I'll check with my social secretary tomorrow (the Mrs) and find out what's going on. If I'm free I'll definitely be up for it although I won't get there till 13:00 at the earliest.[/i]

Edited by EntropicLqd