Why become a member? ×

Improvements to the Marketplace.

Kiwi

[quote name='ped' timestamp='1353341965' post='1873909']
Yeah, still, our hope is that people will take advantage of the gallery view option when the upload system is ready. We'll see how it goes - if nobody uses it then we'll have to re-think how the forum is financed.
[/quote]

Gallery view...that'd be the bit that's not working then cos I didn't see that option in there?

[quote name='andydye' timestamp='1353342055' post='1873912']
Gallery view...that'd be the bit that's not working then cos I didn't see that option in there?
[/quote]

That's right. I've disabled it for the time being. It'll cost £1.75 and your advert will have a picture rather than a grey box in the forum index. It'll help people see what's for sale and help people shift their items!

There were some preview links in post #1 but now the test site has closed so they don't work.

Cheers

[quote name='ped' timestamp='1353342248' post='1873923']
That's right. I've disabled it for the time being. It'll cost £1.75 and your advert will have a picture rather than a grey box in the forum index. It'll help people see what's for sale and help people shift their items!

There were some preview links in post #1 but now the test site has closed so they don't work.

Cheers
[/quote]

very reasonably priced, hopefully it's something I can switch add to the items as part of an edit (when you get it up and runnin)

[quote name='andydye' timestamp='1353345920' post='1874016']
There's also no option to delete/withdraw a listing once it's posted :huh:

There's a chance this might make for misleading stats in the future when you say how many items have sold compared to how many donations have been received :P
[/quote]

You can mark it as 'sold', perhaps a 'delete' button might also be a good plan. You can filter out sold items using the option on the menu.

A delete button would be a great loss. It's very handy to be able to view old For Sale threads in the current forum when you're trying to price an item (for sale or purchase).

I'm also guessing that the picture on the forum listings isn't showing up because the picture upload facility doesn't work. An option to make it all smaller would be an improvement: currently on my laptop I can see about 10 listings on the old forum, but only 3 or 4 on the new one.

[quote name='pete.young' timestamp='1353347742' post='1874061']
A delete button would be a great loss. It's very handy to be able to view old For Sale threads in the current forum when you're trying to price an item (for sale or purchase).

I'm also guessing that the picture on the forum listings isn't showing up because the picture upload facility doesn't work. An option to make it all smaller would be an improvement: currently on my laptop I can see about 10 listings on the old forum, but only 3 or 4 on the new one.
[/quote]

3 or 4? I can see 8 on mine. I don't think we can make it any smaller; I feel the image preview size is about right at the moment anyway. Perhaps you could try a new browser or play with some settings. It's very hard making a site work visually with the massive plethora of hardware available, but most of the modern updates are optimised for modern hardware so as such we're left little choice.

[quote name='JimBobTTD' timestamp='1353357666' post='1874247']
Don't know if it's just me, but I can't seem to see the classifieds on the mobile version of the site.
[/quote]

Me too, wonder if it's a general 'not finished yet' type thing...?

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1353412290' post='1874657']
Ni images loading in the new classified section for me - the listings are there but the various home pages are completely image free :(
[/quote]

Hi mate

Check my earlier post:

[quote name='ped' timestamp='1353342248' post='1873923']

Cheers
[/quote]

[quote name='ped' timestamp='1353412499' post='1874660']
Hi mate

Check my earlier post:
[/quote]

Sorry Ped, missed that one.

I'd seen something originally saying that their would be pics on the front pages and thought that the fact there now weren't might be something to do with the various site issues kicking around :(

[quote name='molan' timestamp='1353419000' post='1874743']
Sorry Ped, missed that one.

I'd seen something originally saying that their would be pics on the front pages and thought that the fact there now weren't might be something to do with the various site issues kicking around :(
[/quote]

Nah it's not connected, thankfully!!

Cheers

Aswell as the aforementioned malware issue it would appear listing in either the old forum for sale forum or the new classifieds section is not working. Sorry, not sure whether its helpful or not to keep posting problems as you're probably upto your ears in it. The £1.75 btw seems reasonable :)