Why become a member? ×

Peavey Grind 6

d-basser

To balance the purchase of my lovely Dingwall I am selling a couple of other basses.

first is my Grind 6 NTB: lovely six string bass, quite narrow spacing and easy to play neck, 35" scale so very nice tight low B. Passive and sounds good but would be very easy to convert to an active.
It is not much over a year old and has never been gigged. very good condition other than some wear on the back of the lower horn due to me wearing a studded belt. this is not very visible against the natural finish and is on the back so not a huge deal.
Comes fitted with Warwick straplocks to keep it safe.
Strung with DR black beauties and red devils in alternating colours, these are almost brand new on, because this is a mix of packs I have the other six in a box and will throw them in with the sale. thats £50s worth of strings with this bass if you get em from the states as I did (dread to think what 6 string DRs cost over here)

looking for offers very close to [s]£250[/s] £200.

second is my Grind 4 BXP. Black four string, older model replaced with the cheap cirrus bass a few years back, bass wood body, maple neck, pao ferro board, PJ pups and active three band EQ.
This bass has been gigged and shows the standard light wear, few digs on body and neck but nothing serious, yin yang sticker on the body covering a wee dent at the moment but I will remove this if it bothers you.
This bass is small and very light with quite a thin neck so perfect for the smaller folks out there but not so small it would be a hassle for anyone else.

[sold]

got pics of the 6er and will get pics of the 4 in the next few days

[attachment=8557:PICT0823comp.jpg]

[attachment=8558:PICT0824comp.jpg]

[attachment=8559:PICT0827comp.jpg]

open to reasonable offers so PM me if interested. would rather collection from Glasgow (or Dunblane) but will try and get them to you by train in central Scotland if possible or happy to post if I have to (at cost to buyer)

Edited by d-basser

it is darker than that, was quite bright sunshine when I took that pic (yes there is sun in Glasgow) mahogany/maple neck on it with imbuya wings I believe. will maybe get some darker pics when I am back in Glasgow tomorrow

• 2 weeks later...

bummer the 4 has gone...

I was considering the 5 or 4, but sadly for you, not the 6... I've tried one in the shop and the neck is too wide for me.

Just sold on my millennium 4 BXP and strangely, am missing it now (I made the mistake of playing with it yesterday to make sure it was still set up correctly).

The Grind 5 is what I'm after, but not at the new price in the shops... they've got one in Gloucester, but I'm not paying the full sticker price for it... and they won't give me a fair trade in on what I want to trade for it.

you wont find them second hand too much, probably coz they are lovely basses, and for the shop price are really good.

cant wait to get mine upgraded when i have the money!