Why become a member? ×

The new look of BC's home page

Silvia Bluejay

Two observations - personal taste, of course, but mentioning them in case they are unplanned by-products of the software upgrade that went unnoticed.

a. Please bring back the column that showed the most recent thread and poster next to each subforum. I feel orphaned without it! :D

b. Please note that in Firefox 16.0.2 we have lost the users-currently-online counter at the bottom of the home page. We only see the list of members who are online, just below the links for moderating team, day's top 20 posters and overall top posters.

And thank you all in the admin team for your hard work!

Edited by bluejay

I still can't see the list of users online in FF16, while those on other browsers - and Ped on his FF - can. It's not important obviously, I'm just going on about it as it may mask deeper problems in the code.

To clarify, I'm talking about the one line of information in the format "xxx user(s) online, xxx guest(s) and xxx annonymous user(s)" which sits just above the long block list of names of the members who are online. I can see the latter but I can't see the former.

Weird bits and bobs include a complete failure of the 'Classifieds' tab tonight on Firefox 16.0.2, generating the following:

Fatal error: Call to a member function category_view() on a non-object in /opt/basschat/upload/admin/applications_addon/other/classifieds/modules_public/core/core.php on line 245

Also the picture of Kiwi's old Celinder seems to have disappeared.

Other than that , Firefox seems to be working normally, but IE8 and Chrome both generate very different views of the site. Seems like there's work to do , good luck.

Apologies for slipping into professional software tester mode - I'm going to mention a small glitch regarding comments to other users' status updates (right-hand column on the home page):
On my FF16 the comment box and the text in it doesn't disappear - indeed doesn't seem to do anything - after I press the Comment button. However, the comment does get posted, and becomes visible to others. This glitch caused one of my comments to be posted 5 times (I deleted the redundant 4). We need the comment box to change appearance, or disappear altogether, after the comment has been posted.

Thanks!