Why become a member? ×

What strings are you currently using?

jim_strings

[quote name='BILL POSTERS' timestamp='1362531752' post='2001069']
These. Dont knock it if you aint tried them eh.

Twangy without being klanky. [url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160877899448?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649"]http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1438.l2649[/url]
[/quote]

No clank? No thanks! :lol:

• 2 months later...

Been using Picato nickel wound strings for a while, they give the exact sound I want and are even better when they lost their initial freshness. Currently using the 45-130 5 string sets which is their standard and very happy with them... Especially for £12 a set!

Currently trying out Elixir Nanowebs on my Fender and they're sounding good so far. I'm going to stick a set on my 5 string when i have some money. They should sound better than the 20 month old Ernie Balls which are currently on there. A bit more expensive (double the price) than what i'm used to but hopefully they last like they're supposed to.

Liam

Edited by LiamPodmore

Just gone back to Elites after trying a few other brands. For stainless steel they're quite comfy on the finger tips (Rotos seem to saw through my fingertips), reasonable price, I like the tone. Sticking with them now :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

[size=3]​I use Ernie ball super Slinky strings or the Legacy strings from strings direct..... On the subject of strings anyone tried Ken Smith compressor strings? they any good there's not a lot of info about them I saw them on Ebay and just wondered about them.[/size]

I use Ernie ball Hybrid slinkies on my normal bass and the fretless (after lots of people told me that I wouldn't like flatwounds on it). The not rickenbacker that I just bought someone had put on some strings that actually don't make it all the way to the nut on the E :rolleyes: so I guess I will have to get something new for that too!