Why become a member? ×

Neat clamp for jack socket on DB tailpiece - place your orders!

Clarky

I am in Frankfurt next Wednesday on biz but - assuming my schedule allows - I will try to pop in to Lando Music where Jonas Loehse sells a rather neat little screw on clamp that allows you to attach your pickup jack socket to the tailpiece (see link below). After my Full Circle debacle (see earlier thread from me) I plan to mount my FC jack on the rear of my tailpiece with one of these little contraptions.

I am happy to pick up some extra clamps if any DBers would also like one - they are Euro 5 each and i would pass on to you at cost plus the cost of postage. Let me know - and I add the health warning that all of the above is dependent on whether my schedule leaves me a free 30 minutes at some point

[url="http://www.kontrabass-atelier.de/pickups_e.html#clamp"]http://www.kontrabas...ps_e.html#clamp[/url]

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='jwbassman' timestamp='1353106516' post='1871812']
These look great, I'll have a couple too please, not sure what size I'll need, I've got a Bassbalsereit but with a standard jack socket but its got the locking thingy like the last pic on the page in the link, so whatever size that is - hope that makes sense... cheers :)
[/quote]If it's a standard jack size I assume it's the standard (non XLR) clamp?

OK, so thats

Clarky - 2 jack clamps
TNIT - 2 jack
Mr_B - 2 jack
Beer of B - 1 jack, 1 XLR clamp
BassBod - 2 jack
jwb - 2 jacks (I will double-check these fit locking socket)
Owen - 1 jack
Steve - 1 jack, 1 locking socket/clamp

Grand total - 13 jack clamps, 1 XLR clamp, 1 locking socket/clamp

Please let me know if this is wrong or any additions. FYI, I emailed Lando and they have plenty in stock so the only risk is my schedule doesn't allow me to time to pop in (right now its looking good)

Edited by Clarky

[quote name='Beer of the Bass' timestamp='1353280580' post='1873292']
Excellent. Let us know if you want paying beforehand, though I guess if your schedule is uncertain you may not. You're definitely owed a pint by a substantial chunk of basschat!
[/quote]
Nope, let me ensure I buy the clamps etc first and then I will PM everyone individually for addresses and let everyone know the cost (will be Euro 5 per clamp, at whatever exchange rate I get on Wednesday, plus 60p postage I guess)

[quote name='Clarky' timestamp='1353274357' post='1873224']
He does do mail order but the cost is prohibitive when buying a cheap item like this, which is why I offered. Gwaaan, do you want me to put you down for one or two?
[/quote]

Two would be great, thanks clarky. Star=you. :)