Why become a member? ×

F/S Fender Jazz Bass 1982, made in USA - now SOLD!

benn

Fender Jazz Bass, 1982 made in USA
Serial Number - S865349

The serial number says 77-78. The series from the pots says 82. It's a common error. It was a period of transition for Fender, they also changed from block inlays to dots.
All these basses from early 80-82, have such a serial (gap between s for seventies and the eight).
They used necks that had already had a serial from the seventies which have room for an update.

The bass features an ash body, maple neck and rosewood fingerboard.
The bass sounds great and she's in great shape for her age. It have just been refretted and babied by a pro, and it's in perfect working condition. Truss rod is perfectly working also.

The pickups, tone pot and bridge were replaced with Fender CS 60 Jazz Bass pickups and original Fender pot and bridge.
I also offer the original pickups (one of them has a very little output), original bridge (doesn't have a saddle)
A Badass or Babicz bridge would make this bass unbeatable!

Sale price is 1400 euro/1125 pounds. Now reduced to 1300 euro!
As for trades, i'm interested only in 5 or maybe 6 string basses.

I'm based in Bucharest, but i'm willing to ship within UE and UK.

Please feel free to contact me for any other details.

Thank you

Edited by benn

I had this problem with uploading photos but the admin team helped me. Go into your Profile --- select Settings ---- then Manage Attachments. You'll be able to delete old photos that you don't need and so free up space. That should do the trick. Best of luck with the sale!

if what i've got is correct, the weight of the bass is 4,4 kg (9.5 lbs).

I really need some cash, so here is the new sale price: 1300 euro or 1060 pounds!

Also, open to some trade offers for some 5 or 6 string basses!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...