Why become a member? ×

The Warwick & Framus Forum Christmas Photo Contest #5

Warwick_Official

The holiday season is around the corner, and we have prepared another Christmas photo contest for 2012! This contest is for Warwick & Framus forum members only – all registered members can look forward to the chance to win a large number of great prizes, the first being a Framus Vintage Hollywood guitar!

Participating is simple. Every registered member of the Warwick & Framus forum can post a photo showing them with their Warwick or Framus gear in the contest thread, or send their submission to the forum administrator. It goes without saying that your photo should have a certain Christmas atmosphere to it - a classy Christmas look for both the musician and their gear is a must! The winners are drawn from all entries submitted by January 3rd 2013.

The first prize is a Framus Vintage Hollywood guitar. The runner-up will receive a Warwick BC 300 bass combo amp and the third place winner can look forward to six sets of EMP bass strings. The fourth prize is both a Framus Vintage and a Framus History book, and the fifth to tenth place winners will receive a Framus or Warwick t-shirt each.

Do you like the sound of those amazing prizes? Then you know what to do – participate in the Warwick & Framus Christmas Photo contest! Time to comb your attic for your favorite Christmas accessories, give your gear a good polishing and get started! We at Warwick and Framus wish the best of luck to all Warwick & Framus forum members!

Our forum can be found here:
[url="http://forum.warwick.de/"]http://forum.warwick.de/[/url] Edited by Warwick_Official

Thanks for this, Garey. Time to get out my camera, set the self-timer and point it on myself, as opposed to friends' bands, then grab one of my Rockbasses and stand by a Christmas tree or sumfink :D

Can I tweet your post to Basschat's followers?

Edit 1: for the record, I've been a member of the Warwick forum for longer than I've been a Basschatter.
Edit 2: I've retweeted Warwick's tweet about the contest.

Edited by bluejay

Do any women who take part have any hope of winning something if they choose not to show their legs (or other assets)? That girl in one of the four photos is half-naked, as opposed to the three fully clothed guys, which makes me slightly uneasy. I'm totally happy to wear very skimpy outfits in the summer or for an evening out and similar, but I think that on this occasion we should all be funny, or good-looking, or awesome, but fully clothed.

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1354142917' post='1882801']
Do any women who take part have any hope of winning something if they choose not to show their legs (or other assets)? That girl in one of the four photos is half-naked, as opposed to the three fully clothed guys, which makes me slightly uneasy. I'm totally happy to wear very skimpy outfits in the summer or for an evening out and similar, but I think that on this occasion we should all be funny, or good-looking, or awesome, but fully clothed.
[/quote]

I absolutely agree...

[quote name='bluejay' timestamp='1354142917' post='1882801']
[/quote]

As long as the average male is involved in the voting of competitions such as this, I am quite sure than the one with a semi-nude girl is going to win. :unsure:

EDIT - FLORIN HAS DELETED THE PHOTO FROM THE COMPANY'S AD.

Can you believe that Warwick are using exactly that photo, complete with nudge-nudge-wink-wink caption, to advertise their contest on Facebook? Here it is in all its glory, for you guys to feast your eyes on...

Shame on you, Warwick & Framus.

- deleted -

Edited by bluejay

Yeah...

I've posted a link to ths thread on the Warwick forum. I hope I won't be taken for a rabid, bra-burning feminist - which I'm not - but I think the company has a somewhat objectionable attitude towards women. Remember when I told this forum (and the Warwick forum too) how rudely and patronisingly I was treated at the Warwick stand at the London Music Show 2010? That plus this makes two unpleasant experiences, and that's only what I happen to have noticed.

Edited by bluejay

Hi Silvia, I answered you on the Warwick forum http://forum.warwick.de/showthread.php/17575-The-Warwick-amp-Framus-Forum-Christmas-Photo-Contest-5?p=253448#post253448

I chose the pictures, from the few that were not deleted from online servers. So I suppose if this offended you it was my fault, and I apologize Silvia. And I assure you that this is my poor choice of pictures, not the company's attitude towards women... I actually never noticed that we have a different attitude towards women, SIlvia, you are on W forum for a long time now, did something happened that I am not aware of?
please tell me what happened in 2010?

Flo

Hi Silvia,

You are right!
I deleted my post on Facebook
I will change the photo on the Warwick Forum (cannot do it here)
And I will ask the design team to change the official Banner.
Thank you very much for your feedback Silvia, you helped me to see it was wrong.

Please accept my apologies!

Now, that needs a picture!

Now back to the topic, Silvia, maybe you want to remove the photo you posted here on the forum too... And once again, that photo is NOT a Warwick add, but a forumer's picture posted on the forum a couple of years ago, and the girl was his girlfriend.

LOL thank you Flo, and all of you following this saga :D

Flo, I can't seem to find my way to that post about the London Music Show 2010, but in a nutshell, I went to the Warwick stand dribbling and in total lust, and hovered around several orgasm-inducing basses, all of which were right-handed. Being a lefty, I couldn't try them properly, so I suggested to one of the guys manning the stand that they should have brought some lefties - he didn't seem to even take any notice of me. Then I approached the other, behind the counter, asking if I could have a Warwick and Rockbass catalogue, to which he looked at me with suspicion and asked if it was for me. When I said yes, of course (I was alone there!) he didn't hide his extreme surprise and said "What, YOU play bass then!!??!" and finally handed me the catalogue with reluctance, as if giving it to a toddler who would immediately chuck it on the floor and jump on it (I carefully put it in my bag instead!).

Didn't stop me eventually buying (online) a 5-string Fortress and a Corvette fretless 5, though :D

Edited by bluejay

Silvia,
I am sorry to hear that, you should have told me then... Nobody I know in the company that acts this way no matter if you are man or woman. The 2nd person in the company is a woman. And many of the top employees are actually women, so it is hard to be sexist in a company that is literary run by women :-)

I do agree with the man's surprise though, you have to admit there are not too bass player ladies around, so it is always a nice surprise, even to me. Come on, on Warwick forum we have maybe 3 or 4 female bassists. Even when you joned, I was like WOOOOW< a lady player, welcome to the forum Silvia!!!!
This is not sexist...
Like someone said in a movie:
"WHat's wrong being sexy?"
:-)

Edited by Florin

Nah, no prob, I mentioned this some time later, on the Warwick forum on a thread about the Bass Show. There's nothing that can be done, the guys didn't technically do anything worthy of a complaint, they just were very dismissive, and that can put off a person who may happen to be alone there and not feeling exceedingly confident. Not me though, I'm too old to take offence and I've seen much worse in my life :rolleyes: :D