Why become a member? ×

FS/FT 1970 Gibson EB-3L

evilLordJuju

I have a 1970 Gibson EB3L bass for sale.

This is one of the very earliest longscale EB3s produced; WITHOUT the made in USA, so produced in late 1969/early 1970

This is a players grade bass that I have restored. It sounds absolutely beautiful and plays very nicely, though there are some cosmetic issues. See below. I am looking for trades with other vintage gear, or offers around £1000.

[b]The good[/b]
sounds amazing
unbroken headstock
original finish on the neck, serial number intact
rarer long scale version
all original early 70s EB3 parts (except cavity cover and probably a few screws)

[b]The bad[/b]
at some point this has had damage at the heel area that has been repaired - the body has been refinned/oversprayed to some extent - neck finish is original. This must have been some time back as there are plenty of dings, scartches and knocks... (a couple deep scratches on back - see pics)
the logo is damaged (see pics)
the mute is missing the 'lift up bar' - I didn't bother finding a replacement as noone ever uses the mutes. The rest of the mute is still there
the truss rod cover on this bass is NOT included, I should have swapped it over before photographing but forgot.
one tone knob is damaged (see pics)
no case (these fit in Epiphone EBO/EB3 cases by the way)
strap button moved to top horn

This is a phenominal sounding bass, I assure you (unless you are a gibson hater) you'll love this. It will need restringing. Currently has flats on, but not all from a matching set

Edited by evilLordJuju

This is now on ebay, but still open to people here

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1970-Gibson-EB3L-bass-guitar-longscale-EB-3-/251196888721?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item3a7c805691"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1970-Gibson-EB3L-bass-guitar-longscale-EB-3-/251196888721?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item3a7c805691[/url]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...