Why become a member? ×

Pick Boy Felt Picks

iBudd

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1355045209' post='1893198']
Holy crap! Good luck with that. :blink:
[/quote]
Thanks dude, it's not quite as bad as it sounds - landlord suddenly needs to sell house and so we gotta go. There just might have to be a short stay with the [s]outlaws[/s] inlaws while we get ourselves sorted. It could be a lot worse but it's still a pain.

blimey I've missed it too! I'm not that fussed whether i get any or not, if enough people want them that another 12 can be ordered then I'll take 2, if not then I'll play with some felt and sticky tape, do the prices drop when the order gets bigger?

matt

[quote name='KingBollock' timestamp='1356215533' post='1908163']
Come on people, let us know what they're like!
[/quote]
Obviously everyones setup is different and the results will vary accordingly - for me they were a bit dissapointing. I already use flats that are either very dark (picatos on my Decade) or 10 years old (on the Pino). I also use very thin picks and the sound is only slightly changed with these felt picks. Bits of felt are falling off at quite a rate so I dont imagine they would last very long either. This was pretty apparent on the decade as it has a shiny white pickguard and after a few minutes playing I could see red felt all over it :)
Nice picks, and a nice idea, but occasional recording use for a very particular and subtle edge to my sound is the only occasion where they are likely to work for me.
No idea how they would sound with rounds and an all-round brighter setup..anyone else able to chime in?

Elixirs on my TRB5 mate and the feltpick muffles em down a tad, compared to my normal Dava picks, not a huge difference in sound unless I hit the string with a big wedgeful rather than my normal, 'catch string with tip of pick' style. I also noticed a lot of fluff on the TRB's gorgeous green paintwork and wonder how long it will actually last. having said that, because of the size and shape of the thing compared to normal picks I reckon I could use all 3 corners therefore 3 times the usage.

Glad I got some though. never gonna know whats what unless you have a go!

Instead of trying to describe the sound, I humbly post this... I'm a bit too hungover for it today, but what the hell... I have to say that after recording this bass line (one take) there was felt fluff all over the shop and the plastic 'filling' of the felt pick sandwich was exposed already. Nice sound, but I can get it by various other means anyway... so there it is. :)

But hey, we needed to know, didn't we? Many thanks and big props to Gareth for sorting all this out, I know what a PITA it can be.

This is my Custom P (SD SPB-1), Tech-21 VT Bass (SVT), DC-9 Comp, Joe Osborn Signature Flats and the Pickboy:

[url="https://soundcloud.com/mark-68-2/black-stone-cherry-blind-man"]https://soundcloud.c...herry-blind-man[/url]
[color=#ffffff].[/color]

Edited by discreet