Why become a member? ×

John Paul Jones Celebration Day bass

Chris2112

Morning all,

Just a quick question on behalf of a friend of mine. He is a big Led Zeppelin fan and was today telling me about how much he has been enjoying the Celebration Day DVD. He was wondering what bass JPJ is playing in it. I'm not a Led Zeppelin fan so I don't really know what JPJ favours these days. It can be seen in the video below, does anyone know what it is?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpigDGf6vXM

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1354951864' post='1892260']
The DVD is incredible.

The bass is a bit subby but as a performance, an event, it's fab.
[/quote]
As an event, I can see that it would have been fantastic.

But why buy the DVD? Ok, for nostalgia if you were there. But otherwise? I can't really see the point myself, but then I'm not a big Zep fan.

[quote name='mart' timestamp='1354956086' post='1892278']

As an event, I can see that it would have been fantastic.

But why buy the DVD? Ok, for nostalgia if you were there. But otherwise? I can't really see the point myself, but then I'm not a big Zep fan.
[/quote]

You've answered your own question.

• 1 year later...

I saw SikTh last week and their bassist used one of these for a few of the songs from the second album. Crappy picture below

[Img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/Ghost_Upon_The_Stage/20141111_215753_zpss7q6c4ws.jpg" class="ipsImage" />

I was thinking the same having just listened, certainly not as good as I've heard on other live recordings it but I though it was pretty nice.
Was within a few feet of him when he was playing with Them Crooked Vultures a few years back and that was a bass sound to remember, just fantastic and he was clearly having a blast playing with those guys.

Edited by Subbeh