Why become a member? ×

Sansamp VT Bass character pedal

NickSpector

[quote name='MuseMatt' post='555611' date='Jul 29 2009, 09:29 PM']really looking forward to trying out Flip Top Setting used around 2:00, it sounds really beefy :)

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_be9GSlt_eQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_be9GSlt_eQ[/url][/quote]

That's a great demo, makes me want to get one now.

Received mine today, gave it a fair go, and going to keep it as I have no other FX at the moment apart from a Boss OC-2.

I think when it comes to valve simulation this pedal has basically got everything you want, and it really has the wooly Ampeg sound you would expect from a VT pedal.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='MuseMatt' post='557245' date='Jul 31 2009, 04:31 PM']Received mine today, gave it a fair go, and going to keep it as I have no other FX at the moment apart from a Boss OC-2.

I think when it comes to valve simulation this pedal has basically got everything you want, and it really has the wooly Ampeg sound you would expect from a VT pedal.[/quote]

Hi All

Brand new to this site having temp returned to bass playing after a 20 year absence playing guitar, in order to help out a band in need!

I bought an Ibanez SRX 590 (which is a joy to play) and paired it with an ancient Peavey TNT 100 which was going very cheap - £50!! An interesting combination of tones, but not a great deal of 'ooomph' - I have added an ME 50 B into the mix too for reverb, chorus, tuning, wah and delay

However, you get what u pay for i guess and I was looking for a cost effective way to enrich the 'rig' and stumbled on the Sansamp VT thread....

I play pub gigs with a fairly aggressive sounding rock covers band and need to cut through a pair of tube amped guitars

Would this gadget give me the boost I need and do the trick, do you think?

Many thanks!

Kol

Edited by kolossusuk

[quote name='BassBod' post='574171' date='Aug 19 2009, 02:02 PM']Ummm yes, I think is the answer! But there are other options out there. If you get one try putting it into the effects loop return, its got enough level to drive the power amp directly - that usually sounds better?[/quote]

Thanks tho this is an ancient ancient Peavey TNT 100 with no fx loop facility so I shall have to go in serial before the ME50..........

:)

• 1 month later...

[quote name='hookys6stringbass' post='608599' date='Sep 25 2009, 01:16 PM']What's the best way to connect it seeing as it has no xlr out.... into a decent D.I. box to the p.a. or a bloody long lead with xlr on the end...?[/quote]
The output is unbalanced, so a long lead will pick up noise. Maybe if it's a good quality shielded lead. Better to use a DI box.

[quote name='NickSpector' post='198565' date='May 14 2008, 10:47 AM']Just seen a review of one of these and it looks impressive. Seen some sound clips and it soundsp retty decent too. Anyone know where I can try one? I hope they're not like Sansamp Bass Drivers in that they get bigged up, but are infact utterly sh*te and useless![/quote]
GAK have them, I was looking last week. Around £150 I think

Funny thing, but I borrowed #2 guitarists Sansamp Bass Driver tonight and I really liked it. Did just what I wanted (bit of grit) really easily.

Also as another option the Fulltone Bass Driver I tried in Andertons a couple of days back did a pretty good job of getting that little bit of grit in along with the added advantage of a boost section for around the same price. Couldn't get the Radial Tonebone to do anything like what I was after. So many options to think about :)

Edited by WalMan