Any decent online guitar 'tuition'?

4 replies to this topic

#1 Jellyfish

Fully fledged member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:20 PM

Hi guys. After some successful advice from a recent thread I made, I finally purchased an electric guitar! Although it wasn't the Pacifica I was enquiring about :blush: it was a Fret King 'Geoff Whitehorn' Signature that I nabbed for around the same price as a 112V.

Anyway, I'm a huge fan of guys like Scott Devine who provide extremely detailed and insightful tution for bass videos that really cover a lot of bases when it comes to all genres of music and styles. I'm wondering if there are guys like him who provide good advice and direction for new electric guitar players in a similar way as I'm hankering to get some teaching under my belt. :)

#2 wrinkleygit

Fully fledged member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:42 AM

log on to youtube & check out this & all the links to his other stuff, some simple & some a bit harder depending on you level

How to Play "Stormy Monday" - Blues Guitar Lesson - Bar Room Blues Songs

merry christmas, mike b.
Sei headless 5
Steinberger spirit 5

#3 uncle psychosis

Hyper elite member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,126 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:06 PM

This guy is really good, has a lot of stuff on youtube etc:

http://www.justinguitar.com/
"The vibes comin' offa Sly and Robbie was terrible...pure terror, the other studios running for cover as Channel One rockers' sound rule the whole scene in Kingston..."

My Feedback

#4 starman

Fully fledged member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:42 PM

View Postuncle psychosis, on 02 January 2013 - 01:06 PM, said:

This guy is really good, has a lot of stuff on youtube etc:

http://www.justinguitar.com/

+1

#5 dood

@DanVeallBassist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 05:53 PM

Sign up to LickLibrary.com - it has to be the largest online resource of 'how to' videos, articles and DVDs to purchase from practically every genre. The tutors are all top UK professional guitarists too.

Professional Musician and Tutor, Gear Video Reviewer, Workshop Leader, Remote Session Artist, Service and Tech.

EON, OSTURA, ICONIC

Endorsing Artist: 64 Audio, Bergantino Audio Systems, D'Addario / Planet Waves, Shuker Guitars, Positive Grid, Dingwall Designer Guitars, Barefaced Audio. TC Electronic, Zoom,

I've Recorded Over 250 HD Bass Gear Video Reviews (and you'll find many here) - Full Archive list here on BassChat

Spotify Best Basslines Evaaar Playlist! You can add your favourite BASS tracks too!

www.Instagram.com/DanVeallBassist www.Facebook.com/DanVeallBassist

www.GuitarInteractiveMagazine.com

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users