Why become a member? ×

machinehead (Frank)..Feedback

machinehead

[quote name='machinehead' post='20782' date='Jun 20 2007, 02:33 PM']I've sold a few items this year and bought a few basses. Please post if you're happy with the way the deals were conducted.

Thanks,
Frank[/quote]

I bought a MarkBass head off of Frank a while ago, for a very reasonable price :) he kept me well informed throughout, and posted it immeadiately the cheque cleared. Excellent amp too.
Oh, and I reckon he must have shares in bubblewrap, 'cos it was packed superbly :huh:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Just bought the most gorgeous spector CRFM5 from Frank, arrived very quickly in a great case and packed superbly, communication was second to none and a more thoroughly decent bloke you,ll not meet, had a couple of nce chats with him over the phone, so im sure he,s made no money on the bass.
Thanks Frank love the spector and im positive were going to be very happy together, your a gent - lee

• 3 months later...

Frank very kindly offered to lend me his Barefaced Compact and Markbass Little Mark II for a gig last weekend, which really helped me out as I would have been stuck otherwise! Lovely guy who couldn't have done enough to help me out! Would recommend him to anyone. Thanks a bunch Frank!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Bought the fretless Stagg bass from Frank - really nice guy to deal with - packaging was heavier than the bass!!
Next from Northern Ireland - very impressed - would recommend to anyone
Obviously am now hooked on fretless and the same as everyone will have to upgrade soon!

Thank you

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I recently sold a Thunderfunk TFB550 head to Frank.

Unfortunately, when the amp arrived and even though it was very well packed and in a really strong flight case, somehow the amp was damaged in transit. Hence, when Frank tried to use it for the first time, it started smelling of smoke and wouldn't work! Not good at all....

So, Frank immediately contacted me and we agreed a plan of action which involved him finding a local amp tech and getting the amp looked at, which he did... In return, I agreed to cover the repair costs or fully refund him if the amp was beyond economical repair.

Happily, the amp's been repaired now and hopefully, Frank's happy with his Thunderfunk, which his amp tech has given a clean bill of health to and also praised for it's build quality . :)

But what I'd like to share here on this Feedback thread with everyone is what a gentleman Frank is! And that - despite the really nasty problem when his new amp arrived - he was very understanding and calm about the situation throughout and that made a huge difference to me as I was trying to work through the problem with him to find a solution.

So, thanks Frank - it really was a pleasure dealing with you and I hope you enjoy the Thunderfunk! :)

Nik

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks very much for the positive feedback to Nobody's Prefect (a little belated but I hadn't seen it), and to Discreet and James for perfect deals.

James; I hope you enjoy the 75RI as much as I have. I know it's one bass I will genuinely miss. It got more praise from band members than any other bass I've owned.

Frank.

Bought a Pre Amp off Frank,
Great item at a a great price - Frank was very patient while I dithered over options at the beginning of my search for a new pre.
Frank supplied lots of useful help and advice.
Would happily deal with again.
Thanks again Frank

• 1 month later...

[quote name='bagsieblue' timestamp='1466004101' post='3072762']
Bought a Pre Amp off Frank,
Great item at a a great price - Frank was very patient while I dithered over options at the beginning of my search for a new pre.
Frank supplied lots of useful help and advice.
Would happily deal with again.
Thanks again Frank
[/quote]

Thanks for the feedback Martyn.

I'm only too happy to be able to help and I'm glad that it worked out well for you.

Frank.