Why become a member? ×

New EBS Sheehan sig drive pedal

hamfist

Ahh cool! Excellent! It sounds much better through decent earphones/speakers.. Bit thin on my iPad! Lol thank you though. IIRC, i'd have added an 'only just noticeable' amount of chorus effect mixed in - usually about 15% wet to add a certain sheen from the TC G Major 2 in the rack. The rest is as you say, just the BSP dirt and clean channels mixed together. Thinking about it, I may well have taken the clean post valve signal and fed it back in to the clean fx return thus bypassing the clean channel EQ. I have a feeling I'd done that as I'd only be duplicating exactly the same passive tone stack plugging in to the front of the LH1000. [/geek]

Yup, I'm yet to find one single pedal that can replicate what I need in a single box. If TC can fit a 5 minute looper in to a tiny casing and Mooer can domthe same with a whole range of pedals - i'm bemused why so many pedal makers spend lots of time cloning the same distortions for bass players all the time. He he!

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1357768369' post='1928239']
Ahh cool! Excellent! It sounds much better through decent earphones/speakers.. Bit thin on my iPad! Lol thank you though. IIRC, i'd have added an 'only just noticeable' amount of chorus effect mixed in - usually about 15% wet to add a certain sheen from the TC G Major 2 in the rack. The rest is as you say, just the BSP dirt and clean channels mixed together. Thinking about it, I may well have taken the clean post valve signal and fed it back in to the clean fx return thus bypassing the clean channel EQ. I have a feeling I'd done that as I'd only be duplicating exactly the same passive tone stack plugging in to the front of the LH1000. [/geek]

Yup, I'm yet to find one single pedal that can replicate what I need in a single box. If TC can fit a 5 minute looper in to a tiny casing and Mooer can domthe same with a whole range of pedals - i'm bemused why so many pedal makers spend lots of time cloning the same distortions for bass players all the time. He he!
[/quote]

Thanks for the detailed explanation there :D I love having different things to try out!

I listened to it through my AKG headphones, it felt like I was getting a big low frequency hug around the ears :lol:

And I know what you mean about pedals, You have to use at least 2 or 3 just to get everything you need most of the time! Seems there's a lot of options out there at the moment though... This year will be the year to experiment for me!

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1357769631' post='1928267']

Thanks for the detailed explanation there :D I love having different things to try out!

I listened to it through my AKG headphones, [b] it felt like I was getting a big low frequency hug around the ears [/b] :lol:

And I know what you mean about pedals, You have to use at least 2 or 3 just to get everything you need most of the time! Seems there's a lot of options out there at the moment though... This year will be the year to experiment for me!
[/quote]

Now that i like!! That's what i want from my bass in a band!

Yeah, i know what you mean. Now, i love pedals, but It'd be a dream to get my 'core tone' in one box. Maybe that MS-50B will help solve that one! For now, it's a bunch of pedals blended together and the BSP if I want to use a rack. I think i'll probably be experimenting too... Oh who am i kidding? Of course I will! I change my gear more often than my socks he he he!

[quote name='chrismuzz' timestamp='1357771759' post='1928322']

That's what I was thinking, I've seen your photo albums on facebook :lol:
[/quote]

Ha ha ha! Yes and that hasn't got all my recent purchases in either mate!! Speaking of which, I've just had my Hartke Kilo out on test with my pedals. I'm going to set up the BSP as well to run up in the morning too. I've been using a 5500 for a bit, but forgot how damn good that amp sounds - i'm thinking of chaining the BSP up with it to see how the two pair together. Hmmmm... Not really a single pedal solution! It'll weigh a ton... But you know, these experiments have to be tried!

[quote name='dood' timestamp='1357772696' post='1928351']
But you know, these experiments have to be tried!
[/quote]

You're bang on there :D

I think I'm going to have to try this Billy Sheehan pedal though when I can scrape some pennies together! I wonder what putting a Sansamp on a low gain setting in the clean loop would sound like!!

Ha, I'd like to apologise for going wayyyyy off topic - but I suppose the video may help with comparing one of Billy's other 'tone generators' I suppose. Yes, I'm looking forward to getting this pedal too!

I think we did OK keeping it close enough :lol:

One thing I'd be interested to know about the pedal... How the tone control works, and if it affects the tone of the clean blend! I'm hoping the clean is totally unaffected by anything not in the clean loop.

Edited by chrismuzz

I was just looking for the answer on the EBS page about the pedal here:

http://www.ebssweden.com/2009/products.htm

But more over - I wasn't expecting to see ME on the EBS website!!!! Look underneath at the review of the Reidmar! (Click the picture to read the review for free)

• 2 weeks later...

im liking it more and more, sounds pretty close to the BC1.

im gonna sell one of my BC1s and get one of these to A/B

stick a different OD in the clean loop (i'm gonna try with a microtubes vintage) and a massive 1KHZ boost in the dirty loop and i bet it'll be a killer bass sound.

• 1 month later...

[quote name='fretmeister' timestamp='1362519862' post='2000831']
Just heard from Bass Direct, mine is in the post to me. Should be here tomorrow.

I love getting new pedals!
[/quote]

Blimey. It's about time they actually got some of them to customers. It'll be interesting to hear what you think of it. I ended up cancelling my pre-order in the end as I got too pee'ed off with the wait.