Why become a member? ×

New EBS Sheehan sig drive pedal

hamfist

[quote name='fretmeister' timestamp='1362520560' post='2000848']
They got to the shop today apparently.

Long waits on new products is hardly unusual.
[/quote]

Yeah, I know. I'm just not very patient. I've got a pre-order in for the new Darkglass Vintage pedal at the moment. The wait is killing !

I've had a go.

I like it a lot, but it does need a MASSIVE input signal to get it driving as hard as Billy's solo sound. I usually use my Marleaux Consat in passive mode and the output is a touch low in that mode, but to get proper 'Colorado Bulldog' gain levels, I've gone to active on the bass and all 3 controls wound up full.

I'll give it a proper go with a different bass when I get a mo. I've got a Status that I've loaded the Dimarzio Will Power P pickup in.

It's almost like it has been designed to be used with a compressor in front of it.

The internal compressor (pretty good really!) is after the drive stage so doesn't boost the input signal at all.

It will do BSP levels of gain (I had a BSP once) but with a high output bass. Maybe your EMG beasts will be enough

Edited by fretmeister

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Lynottfan' timestamp='1364333350' post='2025108']
I saw something on the EBS site about a Y cable that is due to come out for this pedal anyone know any more about this and what it's for exactly?
[/quote]

The pedal has 1 effects loop for the clean channel, and one for the dirty channel. You use a Y cable to put pedals in the loop since they don't have send/return, it's just one jack for each loop.

• 4 months later...

[quote name='WalMan' timestamp='1375295866' post='2159479']
Any updates on how people are getting with this? I have a hankering for one, but it's a lot to shell out on a whim! :-)
[/quote]

Make me an offer for mine! Perfect condition, but with Velcro on the bottom.

I'm playing in an orchestra now so it's all super clean sounds and flatwounds!! If someone buys the pedal then I can afford some TI Flats! :D

(The Lomenzo is very different. I've got one of them somewhere. Only drives the mids really. Very odd to me)

• 3 months later...

I got a pedal somewhat like that: the old Markbass Distorsore. (Out of production) It is a tube/valve unit with a compressor in front of the drive circuit, then lowpass and highpass filters and then a blend control for unprocessed and/or distorted sound. Also gain and volume controls on a tandem pot. I never use it since the type of distortion is not what I looked for, It has that Sheehan flavour with a distortion that can sound like an octave above the played note. (Due to the harmonics produced by the valve, I presume...) Anyway, a nice "instead of" Sheehan pedal. Also - the compressor can be used without drive so you can parallel compress your signal. I have it in its box, complete and just like new, waiting for someone to buy it...

Edited by bassmayhem

• 4 months later...