Why become a member? ×

Introduction

sfisher0

Hi...have posted at Bassworld and Basstalk, but never introduced myself before.

I'm Sean. I am 30. I have played bass for about 2 years; before that I had played guitar since primary school.

I currently play in a sixties band around South Hampshire. I also write my own stuff which is mainly in the trad. singer/songwriter mould.

I own a Fender Precision and a Squier Jazz and utilise Laney Amplification.

I like music generally; particularily The Beatles, The Roling Stones, Fleetwood Mac, Cream, Bluesbreakers, Animals, Spencer Davis Group british blues rock in general. I also like acid jazz/funk BNH, Jamiroquai, JTQ, Sly & The Family Stone, Funkadelic, Motown etc. Really like Paul Weller and OCS, Simon & Garfunkel, Josh Ritter, Polly Paulusma, Bob Dylan etc. Recently got into Yes, but it is early days.

My bass heroes are Paul McCartney, Jack Bruce, James Jamerson, Donald "Duck" Dunn, John McVie, Andrew Levy and Stuart Zender/Paul Turner.

My guitar heroes are Peter Green, Eric Clapton, George Harrison, Steve Craddock, Keith Richards, Paul Simon, Steve Howe.

My current GAS is for another Jazz bass, a MM Stingray and a Jack Casady Epiphone.

My current guitar GAS is for a guitar amp and a Fender Tele and a Gibson ES335.

My favourite albums are John Mayall's Bluesbreakers (Beano); Blind Faith; Rubber Soul; Brother Sister; Travelling Without Moving; Stanley Road; On The Leyline; The Rise and Fall Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars...oh, gawd I could go on and on...o, I really like Disc 1 of the Ultimate Yes!

That's it for now.

Tarah.

Hello Sean,

Nice intro....nice taste in music...

The Epiphone JC's are great for that plummy sixties sound and are good value for money.

The only reason I got rid of mine was that the band I'm in does lots of very noisy rock numbers and the poor thing struggled to cut through......still, mighty fine bass.

Cheers,

Mart