Why become a member? ×

CARDIFF. SOUTH WALES BASS BASH MARCH 2013 CONFIRMED SATURDAY 23rd MARCH

gelfin

Hi all

Just thought I'd ask you to say who's coming to the bash and what kit you might be bringing.

I will have.

Rickenbacker 4003
Tokai Thunderbird
Epi explorer
Tobias Toby pro 4
Sue Ryder P bass
An unusual twin neck.

Gallien Krueger RB400/15 combo
Gallien Krueger Fusion 550 head / GLX 410 and BLX 210 cabs

Moog Taurus bass pedals

• 3 weeks later...

Woo Hoo :D

Can't wait!

Although I may be without kit! My gorgeous hubby is whisking me away for a night away on the Friday night, so unless we go away with all my kit in the car or taking the van away I will be coming with either nothing or maybe just one bass :P

He doesn't know I'm dropping him off at Cardiff Central train station yet to get the train home when I come to the bash!!

I would bring him, but he frequently glazes over when I talk all things low end, I think he'd lose the will to live with a room full of bassists! LOL!

I'm moulding my nephew as a drummer already :P

We were playing doing different tapping and marching beats earlier.... He was picking them up really quickly and copying me!

My sister was amazed..... But equally not happy at my suggestion of a drumkit.... Unless it stays at Auntie Debs house ;)

We'll have our own rhythm sections soon ;)

Been in the Band over 6 months and no where near a gig yet. Can't find a singer. Only had 2 practice sessions too and the last had a guy just come along to try his new amp at 11... had SRV all night ..it was painful so I stuck in the plugs Mr Ace recommended. Had 2 guitarists both playing different chords and the drummer and I doing our own thing. Funny thing was seeing new guitarist pulling a face when band guitarist wanted to play Green Onions in E. Had to smirk. It wasn't just me that found that odd when it should be F Minor. There can't be the excuse of a singer wanting it in E and nothing is sung :D Mr Ace says F can be a bit tricky for a guitarist but new guitarist didn't find it a problem. Maybe its a case of 30 years to 5 years guitar experience, I dunno.

I've got about 14/15 songs on the go with Mr Ace's help...think they are stuck on about 4/5, although they gave me a set list of 11 and they practised for 6 months before I joined them.

Just wish that they'd play the right number of chords/riffs etc. I'm learning to play to the score. They want to play their way which is fine if we agreed the way! As Mr Ace said Sunday, highly paid producers produced the music that way for a reason. It would be a lot easier if everyone played their instrument to the same music :unsure: ..or if we agreed how many repeats of G/C/D etc .. its like a train crash :lol:

I need a new Band. Might look for a Rock n Roll/Rockabilly Band if you hear of one :yarr:

Paul,

Can't wait to catch up on Saturday :P

Reading your post made me smile in a "this sounds familiar" kind of way...... As you know I've been in band 1 for 8 months..,, I have just joined band 2!

If you like blues rock and roll, my old band will need a new bassist soon.......! I'm going to stay for the charity gigs, but I'm leaving! However, bloody typical as my leaving threats have made them get their arses into gear!!

Mr Ace.... Is well.... Ace, he helped me with my audition prep and said "You'd better check if they do play those numbers in A flat, most guitarists prefer A" I text, and it was indeed A.... Cue transposing up a semi tone and getting audacity to do its business on amending the recorded track for me to play along to.

I love Mr Ace I do, he's my hero :D

Jon - if you read this, know that YOU ROCK! and your students think you are the best!! Try not to blush, will spoil your mean and moody look for your promo photos ;)

Edited by SpaceChick